Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Issues & Quote

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Nice job. Looking good.

Brock183

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
The guy I got the car from said the guy he got it from owed him it so I got it from him for free :)

The main things now are Clockspring, Timing chain, and Air Con Compressor $$$.
Is there a good online parts shop for those kind of things that you know of?

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
get a scantool, clock spring may need resetting that's all, try holmart for a/c parts, thread just posted about chains for1200,

Brock183

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
get a scantool, clock spring may need resetting that's all, try holmart for a/c parts, thread just posted about chains for1200,

Yeah I have had a local holden guy down here with a good scan tool go over it and he said for sure clockspring and chain, I have had 3 different people scan it now.

Yeah looks like that is in NSW, i'm WA.

aunto

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore SV6 2007
Hey mate I am having issues with my timing chain too and got quoted for 1200 supplied and fitted but in NSW. Can you find a mechanic and see how much they will charge if you buy the goods? Timing chain kit can be purchased around 550-600, if labour is 400-500 thats $1000-1100. Just have patience and keep looking around. Dont know why people quote 3-4 grand for this job wheras holden should have done it for free

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
brock183-the post above is the one I mentioned thanks aunto, ok with the scantool, looks like that's what you've got if all scans give same result, a few dollars worth of calls, or internet time may way save you quite a few dollars,

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Also got me a proper Holden grill instead of rocking the Chev badge on a V6 :)
85cbd172-35df-4d46-8b0f-e289d269b074_zps1mtldwne.jpg

Ahhhh so the chev badge is the reason for the high prices

Brock183

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Yeah, I was quoted $1500 for the chain kit & gasket kit today from a local mechanic, I think he gets his stuff through auto masters or veals?

I just don't want to get some cheap chain kit that has to be replaced in another 50,000 kms.
Suggest any decent websites for commy parts?

Not sure which ones are good yet, I have only just moved over from the jap car scene :p

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
I just don't want to get some cheap chain kit that has to be replaced in another 50,000 kms.
Suggest any decent websites for commy parts?

Not sure which ones are good yet, I have only just moved over from the jap car scene :p

If you don't want to compromise, you have to be prepared to pay a little more for it, ideally, going genuine parts on something as important as timing chains is the go.
But the choice is yours. (I don't even know if you can get cheap after market chain kits - never had to research it)

So either Holden Parts at your local dealer or Coventrys who have branches in WA, they sell genuine Holden spares.

At least if you go genuine, you have some warranty fall back if there's a component failure down the track and ya engine shits itself.

Range of Genuine Parts sold at COVS