Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Issues & Quote

Brock183

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Yeah I am thinking of getting the Mace Engineering one, then just need to find the gasket kit. Will go to Covs down here when I get a chance :)

Thanks for the help all!
Will keep the post updated as I go on.

aunto

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore SV6 2007
I thought the timing chain kit will include all the necessary gasket you require?

Brock183

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Hi All,

Just an update on the P0008 Timing chain issue.

Today I had my SV6 in at Busselton Holden for them to check it out.
They have said it's worth re-programming it first as it is cheaper than forking out $3k, around an hour after dropping it off I received a call, they told me the water pump is about ready to let go so it would be best to replace that too.
They quoted a water pump kit + Coolant for $234.67 (parts only) and the labour do to the re-programming + water pump would cost $313.06.
Total: $602.50

So they managed to get that done today for me. After that I have only driven it for around 15 mins but it's awesome! being the first time I have driven it without check engine light on (safe mode) it actually feels like it has a bit of power now, instead of driving a slug.
They also said as long as it stays serviced they reckon the check engine light should stay off, which I am crossing my fingers it stays that way.

Looks like cheapest I can get the chain done down here is around $2,200 so I really hope it's now fixed.

.. Now to find a new aerial w/base, AC compressor and clockspring!