Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE - Model Line-up Speculation

V

VX_KN079

VX_KN079 said:
It's an LS2 in the Chevs...

What I mean by that is it's easy to get the L76 mixed up with the LS engines. For instance the current Corvette has the LS7 in it however we poor down under bums get stuck with the L76 (GMH's varient of GMC's LS2). We are so far behind on GM V8 technology down here :cry: FIVE itterations behind in fact...

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
VX_KN079 said:
What I mean by that is it's easy to get the L76 mixed up with the LS engines. For instance the current Corvette has the LS7 in it however we poor down under bums get stuck with the L76 (GMH's varient of GMC's LS2). We are so far behind on GM V8 technology down here :cry: FIVE itterations behind in fact...
The Torana is still smaller then the VE:p

TI0350

Reaction score
Website
www.kts350.com.au
Members Ride
White S2 LX Captiva Diesel
Ok here's what I think

Executive (200kW V6) 5spd auto Base model aimed at fleet buyers
Accalim (may not be called that) (200kW V6) 5spd auto aimed at familys
Berlina (200kW V6 / 260kW V8)5 spd auto V6, 6 spd auto V8
Calais (220kW V6 / 250kw V6 / 260kW V8)6 spd auto both V8 and V6
SV6 (220kW V6) 6spd auto / 6spd man
Turbo SV6 (250kw V6) 6spd auto / 6spd man
There will be no SV8 the SS will come in 2 spec levels..
SS (std) (270kw V8) 6spd auto / 6spd man
SS (Luxary) (270kw V8) 6spd auto / 6spd man
more like a cross between a calais and SS, SS looks outside calais like features on the inside.
The 6 spd man V8 Calais everybody has been screaming for years for.
That gives holden 8 different spec models ranging from your base model V6's to hi po V8 and V6 turbo models

If we are lucky maybe a Torana (but I think unlikely)to replace the vectra, if so though it will come in 3 models.
Torana (200kW V6) 5spd auto / 6spd man
Torana SV6(220kW V6) 6spd auto / 6spd man
Torana SS (250kw Turbo V6) 6spd auto / 6spd man
I dont think there will be any V8 option on the Torana

I'm going to be really interested to see how close some of us get to what the actully model line up will be..

NHS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina
All this turbo talk...

We all know Holden doesn't play all their cards in 1 go,
If there is going to be a turbo i don't think we should expect it until VE Series 2

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I tried to write a list but it was so boring and non buyable I had to delete it :(

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Propane said:
All this turbo talk...

We all know Holden doesn't play all their cards in 1 go,
If there is going to be a turbo i don't think we should expect it until VE Series 2

Fords XR6 turbos has been killing Holdens sales for years, there are FAR more turbo XR6's driving around than there are SS VY's and VZ's combined at least where I live, the time is passed being right for a turbo, I'm sure it will be released on day one.

Also if you were going to buy a new Australian car right now today what's it going to be? I bet of you put a poll up on this site, a Commodore site the XR6 turbo would be number one and that's quite shocking :p

NHS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina
greenfoam said:
Fords XR6 turbos has been killing Holdens sales for years, there are FAR more turbo XR6's driving around than there are SS VY's and VZ's combined at least where I live, the time is passed being right for a turbo, I'm sure it will be released on day one.

Also if you were going to buy a new Australian car right now today what's it going to be? I bet of you put a poll up on this site, a Commodore site the XR6 turbo would be number one and that's quite shocking :p

True that XR6T have been selling great but im not sure that will mean Holden will 100% jump on the bandwagon. The VE is all new so sales should be off the charts for the first year or so. Once the initial surge has died down Holden will need something to continue interest and that's when the Comm Turbo should come in. Im willing to bet that, a non turbo, VE SV6 will out sell the XR6T just because its new.

Anyway its just my opinion, who knows they may bring out a turbo but i for one doubt it.

By the way if we had a poll i would vote a Holden V8 over a Ford Turbo anyday! :thumbsup:

B

Banned

SlickHolden said:
The Torana is still smaller then the VE:p

And you know the specs of the VE do you? Because so far nobody other than Holden actually know the VE specs. You idiot! lol

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Banned said:
And you know the specs of the VE do you? Because so far nobody other than Holden actually know the VE specs. You idiot! lol
Have you herd of the word defamation???:p

I don't need to know the specs on the VE, Because the Torana is smaller then the current VZ.