Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE MY10 SV6 Upgrades, Order ? And thoughts please

Shodzi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 Commodore
Hi All,

Long time reader, first time Poster.

I have a 2010 VE MY10 SV6 6spd Sports Auto, 3.6L SIDI LF1 has 62,000kms and had my car around 8 months now.

I'm upgrading my V6 and please don't post sell it and get a V8 because I simply don't want a V8, I love my sixes I enjoy having a nice car but also like to goto drags to casually race as this is my hobby and passion.

First upgrade is a turbo R596 aiming for 10psi.
Question: Will my stock engine be ok with 10 PSI ?

Second Upgrade is to get CAI and 1:9:1 Rockers.

Third Upgrade is extractors and full exhaust last.

Now I only have a few questions just seeking clarity more than anything if you kind people can help or point me in the right direction please.

Is this the right order I should be getting these done ?

At what point should I get a tune ? Or is it better to get a tune after every upgrade ?

Is the Turbomaster R596 an ok turbo to use for my car it's rated 360-650hp, will there be any additional parts I need as I'm inexperienced when it comes to Turbos.

If you guys think I should add something in I would absolutely love the feedback.

Thanks for reading ☺️

Attachments

• IMG_6228.JPG
    IMG_6228.JPG
    225.3 KB · Views: 537

MACE

Reaction score
We can't help with the turbo side of things atm, though companies such Castle Hill Performance in Sydney should be able to make up a custom set for you, there are other NA LLT upgrades which are possible for your vehicle, as shown in the link below

http://mace.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/List/Index/728/ve-llt-36l-performance--packages

Given that these are an overhead cam engine, they do not run an ecotec style of rocker, so it is more convenient to replace the cams instead of replacing the rocker arms that these engines have.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Steve

Talidorian

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Vf II SV6 Black Edition
Hi All,

Long time reader, first time Poster.

I have a 2010 VE MY10 SV6 6spd Sports Auto, 3.6L SIDI LF1 has 62,000kms and had my car around 8 months now.

I'm upgrading my V6 and please don't post sell it and get a V8 because I simply don't want a V8, I love my sixes I enjoy having a nice car but also like to goto drags to casually race as this is my hobby and passion.

First upgrade is a turbo R596 aiming for 10psi.
Question: Will my stock engine be ok with 10 PSI ?

Second Upgrade is to get CAI and 1:9:1 Rockers.

Third Upgrade is extractors and full exhaust last.

Now I only have a few questions just seeking clarity more than anything if you kind people can help or point me in the right direction please.

Is this the right order I should be getting these done ?

At what point should I get a tune ? Or is it better to get a tune after every upgrade ?

Is the Turbomaster R596 an ok turbo to use for my car it's rated 360-650hp, will there be any additional parts I need as I'm inexperienced when it comes to Turbos.

If you guys think I should add something in I would absolutely love the feedback.

Thanks for reading ☺️
I am running 9 psi in a twin turbo set up, with everything else at stock, only upgrade is a 3 inch exhaust. This is on a 2016 3.6 sv6. So a slight differerence.

Revhigh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Maloo
Mods
Go diff gears, OTR, exhaust and a few other small mods for now.
Head into a work shop and see what they quote you for a turbo/supercharger kit.
We can fit/tune Forced Induction setups if you are local to the melbourne area.
http://www.revhigh.com.au/holden-performance-packages

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
CAI and extractors on a turbo setup? Is this a troll?