Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Omega Exhaust

Tomscommordore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Hi, I have recently just bought a 2012 V6 3.0L VE omega and am looking to put a new exhaust on it. I am confused as to which commodore exhausts will fit on my car e.g will a Ve ss or sv6 exhaust fit to an omega or are they all the same and universal, Thanks

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
None are a direct fit.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
From the cats back, they are all Lego.
However the single cutout on your bumper means it won’t fit a dual exhaust unless you change the rear bar. You could of course cut your bar, though it’s going to look really “how ya goin’”. Get a SV6 or SS rear bar.

SV6 and Calais V6 had the dual single mufflers.
Exhaust size was the same as SS.
SS had two types of dual tip mufflers. One had a dummy pipe and an open one. The other type was a proper dual tip. They sound great on V6. Perfect sound.

Ute is unique to the ute and so is the wagon from memory. Differences in the end parts.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
SS had two types of dual tip mufflers. One had a dummy pipe and an open one. The other type was a proper dual tip. They sound great on V6. Perfect sound.
V8 manuals had dual tips, auto's with AFM had a single outlet with a Y piece to dual tips.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Are they the ones you see with one pipe clean and the other with exhaust. Like that each side. Cold mornings and you’d only see exhaust moisture from one tip, not both each side, (if that makes sense)

Tomscommordore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
From the cats back, they are all Lego.
However the single cutout on your bumper means it won’t fit a dual exhaust unless you change the rear bar. You could of course cut your bar, though it’s going to look really “how ya goin’”. Get a SV6 or SS rear bar.

SV6 and Calais V6 had the dual single mufflers.

Ute is unique to the ute and so is the wagon from memory. Differences in the end parts.
I’m only really looking for sound do u think a better option would be to go with some bolt on mufflers, would these fit

Attachments

• IMG_4586.png
    IMG_4586.png
    430.5 KB · Views: 95

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
You will not make a V6 louder and sound better. It’s all down hill. Please don’t. It’s like wearing a Hitler moustache without realising what you are doing. It’s socially unacceptable and no one thinks it’s cool.
This is how it’s always been since Holden has used V6’s.

Please don’t.

Tomscommordore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
You will not make a V6 louder and sound better. It’s all down hill. Please don’t. It’s like wearing a Hitler moustache without realising what you are doing. It’s socially unacceptable and no one thinks it’s cool.
This is how it’s always been since Holden has used V6’s.

Please don’t.
okay cheers mate