Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE owners with 22's

ashtray1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Atomic Green w/ 20" Supersports
they look hot lexani fire come in 20" cause i dont think they come in 22"

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
they look hot lexani fire come in 20" cause i dont think they come in 22"

ahk, I didnt know what sizes they came in. Ill do another one and make them smaller for you.

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
Here they are at what I think is about a 20, you will have less tyre than what is in the picture though:

(Click to Enlarge)

ashtray1

Reaction score
Members Ride
love your photoshopping skills.

I reckon those now look like 18's with like a 235/60/18 tyre lol

just kidding

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
those do look good what size are they?, however im not really into racing style rims.

I wouldn't call them racing style rims... They're 19x8 on the front and 19x9.5 on the rear. I personally prefer a bit more tyre. I think rims can overpower the look of a car when they're too big.

ashtray1

Reaction score
Members Ride
I agree, the way i see the wheels that i am looking at is that on the VE some 20's look too small and some look good and some 22's look good and some look too big.

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
Good Lord...nope, sorry to say it, but they look "wrong" for that...20" seem to look OK and somehow still retain a bit of sidewall, but those 22" just look a bit odd...

Not to mention those thin licorice-strip tyres just waiting for the first decent typical central Queensland highway pothole hit at 100km/hr...they might be nice for cruising the well-funded roads of Brisbane and the Gold Coast, but you'd want to have the original wheels at home for going on long trips on real world roads...some wheels are for really only meant for show cars I'm afraid...

silver_bullet

Now Genesis Blue Bullet
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore S
Good Lord...nope, sorry to say it, but they look "wrong" for that...20" seem to look OK and somehow still retain a bit of sidewall, but those 22" just look a bit odd...

Not to mention those thin licorice-strip tyres just waiting for the first decent typical central Queensland highway pothole hit at 100km/hr...they might be nice for cruising the well-funded roads of Brisbane and the Gold Coast, but you'd want to have the original wheels at home for going on long trips on real world roads...some wheels are for really only meant for show cars I'm afraid...

i agree with this dude, i live like 3-4 hours from him, some people fall in potholes never to be seen again up here. my mates 245/30x20 on his maloo only just cope.

ashtray1

Reaction score
Members Ride
i agree with this dude, i live like 3-4 hours from him, some people fall in potholes never to be seen again up here. my mates 245/30x20 on his maloo only just cope.

I think ill stick with just getting 20's. I may get a set of the Holden 20" supersports. I saw them on a ve calais the other day and they looked good.