Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Phone Connection

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Mate it's bluetooth - meaning no wires :D Just connect your phone to the VE using its bluetooth interface. It couldn't be simpler!

AFAIK the Omega doesn't have bluetooth.

Reaper

Lord-Data

Reaction score
Website
www.VIDGuide.com
Members Ride
Impulse Blue VE SV6
You can option Bluetooth on any model VE, Omega included. Its just not standard.

You're best bet might be to try to get to the stereo itself then, find the wiring connectors on the stereo itself, and find pinouts for that. Obviously the sockets must be available on the HU itself, like you said, for the factory Bluetooth kit to be optioned. Strange they're not wired to the options panel tho, thats rather what its there for. I guess they must fit a different loom to that panel when you option BT.

brennan

Reaction score
Mic is up near the sunglass holder and phone/mute buttons are on the steering wheel. both are already wired in. the bluetooth model fits in behind the glovebox and plugs into these 2 components along with the stereo. if you're looking for access to the mute feature, try backtracking the connector from the steering wheel button, and for mike, the wire goes through the roof lining and from memory, down the P/S A pillar to the main connector.

dale762308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega V Series LPG
Just To Update You All, Got The Bluetooth Device As Spare Part From Gmh, Cost $300, Took 45 Minutes To Fit To Car, The Mic Was In The Box So Hence Is Not Fitted To Omega And V Series Models. Very Easy To Fit, Would Recommend To All To Have In Car. Buttons On Wheel Work Great, Even When Someone Rings The Settings For Phone Audio Take Over From Stero, Great For Phone Calls Taht You Only Want In The Drivers Speaker And Not Through The Whole Car.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Can not use Bluetooth as signal strength in country area not good enough, have to use high gain aerial.

I'm not sure I quite understand what geographic location has to do with anything when it comes to using bluetooth. High gain aerial for a bluetooth connection? What the?

Bluetooth is built INTO THE CAR (option on Omega)... Works brilliantly too buy the way :)

Lord-Data

Reaction score
Website
www.VIDGuide.com
Members Ride
Impulse Blue VE SV6
Lol. Traditional wired car kits place an antenna on the roof of the car, to boost phone signal. You can't do this with a bluetooth kit. So in remote/low signal level areas, a bluetooth kit means you get no/low signal. Using a wired traditional kit, you can use your high-gain roof mounted antenna, and get better coverage.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Anybody having problems with feedback into the stock bluetooth system? I am getting a few callers complaining about feedback at their end. Sounds fine from my end though.

Reaper

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Ah ok... He meant signal strength as in mobile coverage signal strength. That makes more sense. I read it as not enough bluetooth signal strength lol!!! *slaps self in the forehead*

Reaper I had the same thing... It's just because you have the volume up too high and the mic is picking up the caller when they come through the stereo. The "feedback" they're talking about is better described as an "echo" where they hear everything they say to you. That's why you have no problems. Most female callers don't complain, I just figure that they all like the sound of their own voice ;) lol

Can't remember if there's an option in the head unit or not to only have the phone audio come through the driver's speaker only. If there is, this might also help reduce the echo effect. I personally have mine come through all speakers and just wind the volume down with the scroll wheel on the steering wheel when someone complains about it.

Hope this helps.

paulevered

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Lol. Traditional wired car kits place an antenna on the roof of the car, to boost phone signal. You can't do this with a bluetooth kit. So in remote/low signal level areas, a bluetooth kit means you get no/low signal. Using a wired traditional kit, you can use your high-gain roof mounted antenna, and get better coverage.

I have two mobiles phone setups in my VE. The Bluetooth is fine for driving in the city, but I have to travel out into the country a lot and found that the Bluetooth reception with no external aerial was very poor.

I have fitted a Nokia car kit with external aerial which gives great reception in the country.

My problem is that I have been unable to find the mute wire for the CD/radio, (Holden quotes that there is one in its sale brochure).

Any one know where the mute wire is located?
Also anyone know where the constant power wire located?

dale762308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega V Series LPG
The Mute Wire Is Located Underneath The Glove Box. On The Lower Section Of The Box On Lhs You Will See A Connection Point, The Mute Wire Is Located Here.

Re The High Gain Aerial, Depening On Phone You May Find A Rubber Stopper On The Back Of Phone If You Remove This You Will Probably See A Push Fitting, You Then Get A Patch Lead Which Will Enable You To Use The High Gain Aerial, Take You Phone To A Dealer And Ask If Lead Avaiable For It.

I Would All Of Country Vic And If I Had To Rely On Phone Ant That Is Built Into Phone, Would Never Be Able To Leave A Town As Signal Is Quite Poor, Patch Lead And Hg Aerial, Only Way To Go!!!!