Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE plastic radiator cover - Why did they get rid of it ???

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV
don't start me on cost cutting... a glove box light is like gold these days.....

Thats one thing out of all these other things i did get lol

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
It's likely to be Alcantara (haven't checked to be honest) - but that's not a bad thing. Suede is way too 'fragile' to be used in auto upholstery. Alcantara is, in my opinon, a step up from suede/leather

Will be interesting if I ever have to clean it. Haven't thought about looking into that yet. My suede jacket is hard enough to keep clean lol

Reaper

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Will be interesting if I ever have to clean it. Haven't thought about looking into that yet. My suede jacket is hard enough to keep clean lol

Reaper

Will be very interesting if it does turn out to be suede (VERY VERY unlikely to actually be suede). Alcantara is much more forgiving. If it's just light/regular cleaning, a weak APC mix will be fine for any light marks. You will be fine to just spray it on a microfibre cloth and wipe over it. Dry steam cleaning is good for tougher stains. Vacuum gently with a soft brush attachment. Alcantara is like a good version of that fake suede used on lounge suites. Still man made, but feels as good or better than suede, but is MUCH more durable - and lighter, for the weight conscious.