Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve problems

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
well here is a new one. I got out of my car and locked it. I dont know why but i noticed the security light (little red dash one) was flashing really quickly. About 10 seconds later, the doors unlocked and the boot released. WTF

BruceSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS auto
mine was built Sep 07 and has been perfect except for:
washer bottle replaced at 3,000 km inspection ( I didn't even know there was a problem)
and boot lock actuator started making unusual noise 2 days before 15,000 km service and was replaced

I couldn' be happier with the car

My wife and I have had about 7 new cars since Jan 2000 and have had many warranty issues with all of them

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
my gf drives a my09 manual sv6, bought in april 08, 21,000 on the clock so far.. no problems at all, and it is driven daily, driven spiritedly too, as much as the duelmass flywheel lets her

jim51

jim51
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA V
Hi All,
I purchased my VE Omega s/hand from the local Ford Dealer and I have been happy with the vehicle so far until today. Has any one had problems with the l/h rear tyre wearing out? I fitted two new B/stones in Jan this year and the l/h tyre has worn out and the r/h is half worn, done about 12,000km. I have been told that there is a mod to be fitted by Holden to rectify the problem. Anyone had experience with the mod, does it work? They don't replace the tyre though. I only noticed it after a 4,500 km trip away.
Cheers,
Jim

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Hi All,
I purchased my VE Omega s/hand from the local Ford Dealer and I have been happy with the vehicle so far until today. Has any one had problems with the l/h rear tyre wearing out? I fitted two new B/stones in Jan this year and the l/h tyre has worn out and the r/h is half worn, done about 12,000km. I have been told that there is a mod to be fitted by Holden to rectify the problem. Anyone had experience with the mod, does it work? They don't replace the tyre though. I only noticed it after a 4,500 km trip away.
Cheers,
Jim

i believe its an adjustment of the p bracket to it maximum and the a wheel alignment to correct the out of wackness, adjustment should be covered by warrenty but i doubt the tyre will

Focussed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportwagon
Howdy, Im new to the forum & have just purchased my first holden.
SV6 Sportwagon.
Done 200kms & have no problems! lol
lets hope it stays that way for the next 50000!

Dru76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has experienced and loud bang noise like something breaking and hitting the undercarriage underneath. Also experience a slight vibration through the car when cruising along.

To me seems to be tailshaft issue the vibration. the loud bang also could have been a universal joint cap coming off under acceleration on take off. Happened on fri night but have not heard it again.

Also has anyone experienced there clutch pedal not realeasing all the way up and find it hard to find a friction point to ride the clutch when reverse parking etc?

Open to any other ideas on possible causes

Loud bang occured when accelerating from the set of lights. Did not believe was taking off too harshly but the car did step sideways a bit before the bang. Just gave it a bit more revs than normal.

Any ideas/help be appreciated

Cheers

Dru

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
Your VE V6 Servicing Views

Wrong thread, sorry.

Last edited:

Bella77

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 ve ss
I have a ve ss 2006 having problems with check engine/ altinater light/ stabilty off also my central locking has stopped working 20 seconds after taking off in car...
but key locks when i lock 1 minute after getting out of car also alarm goes off when unlocking door to get back in should i take my car to holden I've been using a small town mechanic last 3 years not blaming him but i feel he isint up with the technical side of these cars he put cheap brakes on my car wasnt happy mistake but 30 years he was asked to put original parts what car came with but used cheaper brands... i really thought it was only my car but ovisouly not!!! :)

ervich

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman
tool.jpg
tool.jpg

Anyone can tell me what it is? it felt off while I was changing O2 sensor, have no clew were from and what it is