Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE REDLINE UTE . Does it really have fe3 suspension?

bradizle

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN CALAIS
Hey guys. Im a new owner of a 2011 Series 2 redline ute.

Now the ute has brembos on it, but I've heard that it also has fe3 suspension , but some suspension shops have told me it only has fe2.
Ive also seen numerous car ads that people are advertising their models with fe3.

Im running the same engine (l77) as the VF. and I also can run e85. I love this ute to bits! Im sitting around 230rkw stock with a walkinshaw intake(pod box) without a tune. :)
It's just one of those ve's that go mental!! The new VF SS redline I test drove, I can definatley tell a big difference in power compared to mine. Its amazing just from stock how there is a noticeable difference just from factory! But thats besides the point here

If it has fe3s just like the vf redline what on earth is the difference? it has the same engine. Apart from bigger rears and some fancy IQ features...
:hmmm:

How do I settle this fe3 vs fe2 debate? Where can I find the correct information??? Im baffled. I've been told yes it does and no it doesn't. But im leaning towards fe3, as people who have hopped in the car and driven it they say its quite "firm" almost a semi road/track ute.

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
Build plate in the engine bay will tell you what suspension is in it

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Utes have different spring rate to sedans and load ratings therefore they sit different to each other.

Don't try comparing a stock ute FE3 to the sedans

Vz SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV Redline
Yea mate early redline utes didn't have fe3 mine is a 11/10 and it's fe2 and couple of other people I know with early utes have fe2

bradizle

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN CALAIS
Just checked the build plate , thanks for the information. It indeed has fe2 suspension. Be wary of ads on redlines for sale. Many many of them have stated "fe3" which they are NOT. Even review sites say the same thing. Only the new VF redlines have it I believe.

Mine was built september 2011. Series 2 VE SSV REDLINE. L77 engine.
Its bassically the VF redline without the FE3 and wider rears. Same engine. same power.

Luke V8

AKA Luke!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SSV
Just checked the build plate , thanks for the information. It indeed has fe2 suspension. Be wary of ads on redlines for sale. Many many of them have stated "fe3" which they are NOT. Even review sites say the same thing. Only the new VF redlines have it I believe.

Mine was built september 2011. Series 2 VE SSV REDLINE. L77 engine.
Its bassically the VF redline without the FE3 and wider rears. Same engine. same power.

And the interior, entertainment system, HUD, lane change warning, blind spot warning, anti collision warning etc oh and the VF is much lighter with a more refined box lol ;)