Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Roof leak

Wilba84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE UTE LLT M6
VE Ute series 1 roof leaking on passenger side.
Removed the roof lining and found water dripping from the location in the picture.
Has anyone had this happen before and can confirm the roof gutter needs replacing?
Its really hard to see and it would be great to confirm before pulling apart

Attachments

• IMG_5794.jpeg
    IMG_5794.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5797.jpeg
    IMG_5797.jpeg
    351.1 KB · Views: 50

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Rear window leaking?

Wilba84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE UTE LLT M6
Rear window leaking?
Not sure? Its coming through the two pieces of steel there, they have several pinch welds above them but I cant really see anything. I was hoping someone had already experienced this exact problem and worked it out

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Leaks are tricky and can appear to be coming from one point when in fact they are coming from somewhere totally different.
Do yourself a favour and look up the meaning of ‘Capillary Action/Attraction’. It may not be an answer as to why you’ve got a leak, but it might be a help in sourcing it.

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Need to remove the sailplanes from around the rear window to have any chance of finding the leak.

Wilba84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE UTE LLT M6
Need to remove the sailplanes from around the rear window to have any chance of finding the leak.
Will removing the sailplanes make it not waterproof? Just wondering if I can investigate and still use as my daily drive

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Will removing the sailplanes make it not waterproof? Just wondering if I can investigate and still use as my daily drive
AFAIK the cabin should still be waterproof with the sailplanes removed. Need someone with a VE shop manual to link to or post up the procedure for the sailplane removal. These plastic parts are easy to damage if you don't know how they are attached to the cabin and how to remove them correctly.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon

Wilba84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE UTE LLT M6
I got the sailplanes off, it seems to be leaking from the crack in the picture. I covered the rear windscreen seal with a towel and poured over the crack and it leaks…

The cracked area is hard like steel but had brush marks like its had a sealant applied then painted over.

Any advice?