Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE s2 error......

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
20160619_104021.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here is a idea for you, switch the o2s around so bank1 o2 will go to bank2 and bank2 o2 goes to bank1 and see if the code comes up bank 2 now, if so thats your problem. Only swap the pre cats around.
This is the only way it can be done if you dont have specialty tools.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Great idea :thumbsup:

rdieseldawg

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve s2
Here is a idea for you, switch the o2s around so bank1 o2 will go to bank2 and bank2 o2 goes to bank1 and see if the code comes up bank 2 now, if so thats your problem. Only swap the pre cats around.
This is the only way it can be done if you dont have specialty tools.

This may be a dumb question, but why only change the previous cat ones? ?

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
This may be a dumb question, but why only change the previous cat ones? ?

Each bank has "2" o2 sensors pre and post if you swap both pre and post and if the code follows to bank2 how will you know which sensor is at fault post or pre?

From experience i dont think you have a post cat sensor problem as no code has come up for cat efficiency.

Do a google search pre & post o2 have different jobs.

rdieseldawg

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve s2
Hey gang...

So here's the update. Swapped o2's over from left to right. Car still ran bad, light came back on.
Scanner this time said that the system was running lean again, but didn't specify a bank. It did however show that both pre cat o2's were playing up. So I have now fitted two new Bosch ones.

Car still runs bad, and light is back on again.

So, what's next? Replace post cat regardless?

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Hey gang...

So here's the update. Swapped o2's over from left to right. Car still ran bad, light came back on.
Scanner this time said that the system was running lean again, but didn't specify a bank. It did however show that both pre cat o2's were playing up. So I have now fitted two new Bosch ones.

Car still runs bad, and light is back on again.

So, what's next? Replace post cat regardless?

Did you put the o2 on a scope? Thats the only way to find out if they are faulty or not.
People always forget that o2 sensor is just that a "sensor" that is sensing o2 and its doing its job
Since the codes did not follow to a different bank the o2 was not your problem.

Fuel trims are your friend get this readings of a scan tool and you will see exactly whats going on.

rdieseldawg

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve s2
Did you put the o2 on a scope? Thats the only way to find out if they are faulty or not.
People always forget that o2 sensor is just that a "sensor" that is sensing o2 and its doing its job
Since the codes did not follow to a different bank the o2 was not your problem.

Fuel trims are your friend get this readings of a scan tool and you will see exactly whats going on.

Have now replaced all o2 and no joy.

Had lube mobile over and he did the fuel trim thing.

Engine light had come back on and no better.
I'm thinking something more mechanical like a leak??

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Have now replaced all o2 and no joy.

Had lube mobile over and he did the fuel trim thing.

Engine light had come back on and no better.
I'm thinking something more mechanical like a leak??

Fuel trim thing? The fuel trims are readings on a scan tool and lets you know what the computer is exactly doing either adding fuel or taking away fuel. There are long term and short term fuel trims.
These trims will let you know if your vehicle is running lean under load or at idle, if it runs lean at idle and not under load then you have a vacuum leak check gaskets and breather hoses. this is how you diagnose your problem this is why you need the fuel trim numbers.
As i said before the post cat sensor was not at fault as you did not have relevant codes. Have you taken the inlet manifold off to do plugs or something cause there is a gasket under it.
I advice you take it to a Auto-Electrician.