Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve safety mode after VCM OTR install

Patrick13389

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V
Hi

Just wondering if anyone has had there VE go into safety mode after installing a VCM OTR maf version and how can I get it out of safety mode???? Help would be muchly appreciated I'm located in Perth so if anyone can lend a hand it would be muchly appreciated.

Cheers
Patrick

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Firstly what did you disconnect to fit it?

Patrick13389

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V
The maf plug and the breather pipe off the back of the factory intake box but both have been re connected

Mattk101

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 sidi 2010
Have you had a tune yet? It would definitely need tune after installing it. When I first installed mine it sent the car lean so I took it out until I could get tune.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Shouldnt go into limp mode if running lean, will just throw a check engine warning.

Limp mode usually means a fault with the throttle body, either the throttle position sensor or the throttle plate is actually sticking.

Pull the intake off and check inside the throttle body for anything abnormal. Refit the intake making sure it goes on properly and doesn't fold on itself underneath where you cant see.

Also ensure you haven't inadvertently disconnected the connectors to the throttle body.

Patrick13389

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V
Ok ill check it out today I just need the dam thing to run for Monday morning so it can go into the panel beaters

Patrick13389

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V
Yep everything is fine with fitment got it to panel shop this morning still in safety mode tho. But its going into to be mafless tuned next week so that should sort it all out