Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Sat Nav Help

MADSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series 2 SV6
Hi guys,
I just recently bought a VE SV6 wagon which came with sat nav. I know this because I was using it. Just recently whenver I try to bring it up it says its not installed. I am wondering if this could be due to swapping the original antenna for a "bee sting" antenna? Normally I would just test the original one but I'll be damned if I know where I put it.

Cheers guys

SaUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SSV ute
I don't think the gps uses that antenna,completly separate unit under the dash somewhere.
I use a shark fin with no probs,but having said that I have had the same issue as you in the past ,usually comes good again but once I had to pop out he SD card for a few secs then put it back.

MADSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series 2 SV6
No worries thanks for that mate....I will have a play around and see what happens

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
No worries thanks for that mate....I will have a play around and see what happens

If the nav unit has been added to your Series2 IQ, then it could be that the nav board has not bee secured properly into the unit. Might require taking out the stereo to check the board is in right and has the required screws to keep it in place.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
c155a1b393899ffd7c36ff01090ce8f5.jpg

... Sorry. Probably of no help but I hope you at least smile at your SatNav now. Not many do.

salute the ute

DRIVING IS A PASSION
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute Series II Perfect Blue
The navigation has a seperate antenna, so that's won't be the issue.

Can happen if the board is loose, or if the navigation card was somehow slipped out. It's located on the side of the unit, on the drivers side.