Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Screen headunit

1989mitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute
The wiring for the triple guages is not hard to wire in.

There is a plug under the drivers side trim that has 4 of the 5 wires needed the only other one is a illumination from the headlamp switch.

Its not sensors you have to wire up all the inputs are on a system called GMLAN a network that the car runs on and its just + and -.

This is why you can just activate the screen on the v6 to display these, there are already there for diagnostics.

With the guages there is a "SIC" module this isolates the "Temp" "Pressure" and "Volts" signal and than converts it to the scale of the triple guages.

bbb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Sv6 Wagon
The wiring for the triple guages is not hard to wire in.

There is a plug under the drivers side trim that has 4 of the 5 wires needed the only other one is a illumination from the headlamp switch.

Its not sensors you have to wire up all the inputs are on a system called GMLAN a network that the car runs on and its just + and -.

This is why you can just activate the screen on the v6 to display these, there are already there for diagnostics.

With the guages there is a "SIC" module this isolates the "Temp" "Pressure" and "Volts" signal and than converts it to the scale of the triple guages.

Does that "sic" module come with the guages??...i think holden parts had the triples on sale last month or maybe its this month

bbb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Sv6 Wagon
might be an easy conversion, as the guages i think were bout 499 or 599???

1989mitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute
Yeah mate the "SIC" is mounted on the guages with a loom coming out than just patch that into the plug if you get that far i can provide some pictures of the wiring .

Along with the guages you will also need new trim that runs down the side of the headunit and into the center console. Can buy this direct from holden but i dont have parts numbers theres a thread on LS1 that has all the GM part numbers you need, it also has the wiring for guages i belive.

wizeabe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Anyone here know if the Holden turn by turn satellite navigation can be installed into a SV6?

I wouldn't bother with the turn by turn satnav by Holden or the screen option. The Holden SatNavs are terrible, expensive to update and the user interface is poorly designed. This is from my experience using my turn by turn satnav. If I had known I would have rather get an aftermarket version, even if it was just a handheld version.

Morpheus

2007 SS V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SS VE V8
Spot on mate ,

I've asked no lmit , they said the only way to do it is obtain the genuine sensors from a gts etc.

You can buy the temp sensors but you can get different range of resistance and since this is what the headunit measures the temp might be out.

But the sensors are in the wiring loom you would have to buy the loom and headunit.

Hi 1989mitty, sorry to crash in on this post but I am in the same situation (looking at a SSV Raido / CD for my SS) I thought it was plug and play so can you tell me more about the sensors in the harness and what I need to get for my conversion ?

Thanks Morpheus.

1989mitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute
ok should be more clear if you install it and have resistors put in from no limit the headunit will show 20 degress as this is what teh value of resistor works out to be, this way you will only be able to control hot and cold like your sv6 one. No real temp control, the temp on teh screen will change but this isnt correct. It will go right up to H for hot and down to C for cold.

If you get The geunie sensors for climate control out of a gts maloo or hsv and fit them you will be able to habe climate control but not dual zone only single still.

Dual zone climate control is "impossible" . No mission is impossible but you need to have two heater units for teh different sides and all the vent and tubing need to be changed inside the dash to have separate temps etc.

Even is you have a full wreaked gts with all parts would still take you for ever to change it over and would be a pain in the arse.

if you can get them get the sensors and run single zone climate control best option.
I will be doing this when i can fins a wiring harness for sensors

Mix 6000

"Balck" VE Maloo R8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo R8
I have seen a few of these SSV, Calais & HSV Headunits going lately on Ebay....selling for around the $800-$1000 mark.....cheers...:)..

-SpydeR-

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
I know alot of people with Sv6's and SS's that didn't come with the screen are changing them when you can
find a unit!!

Has anyone priced this unit from holden?? if so do they have a part number??
cheers
bbb

Hey mate, did you end up finding out the part number? I would also like to price this from a few dealers as I have decided to get one via Holden and then modified by No Limits.