Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Commodore Sedan-Headliner sagging

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
My VE Commodore's headliner is sagging, like every Aussie car does :rolleyes:

Does anybody have any recommendations of re-upholstery shops in the SE Melbourne area? Would like it to be reasonably priced too...

I rang up a re-upholsterer and they quoted about $500... My understanding is that it's the going rate for this job...

I'm also thinking of attempting to do the job myself, however I've heard on this forum that it's pretty involved and they wouldn't do it again...

Thoughts and/or recommendations will be appreciated

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Don't attempt it yourself. Having done one myself which got a crease in it, I'd never do it again. I pulled the board back out and replaced it with one from the wreckers that I had re-trimmed.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I’d totally have a go. I actually like doing them. Looks really good at the end.

Repair Bull has long been the name most commonly mentioned.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
I’d totally have a go. I actually like doing them. Looks really good at the end.

Repair Bull has long been the name most commonly mentioned.
Is there a step by step guide on how to do it? I've seen some of your posts in the past saying how the VE's are difficult to do due to the 'Jesus handles' being pop riveted or something...

I currently have pins holding up the fabric and have used adhesives on the edges... This is a temporary fix and all interior lights still work, as it isn't sagging in the middle, where the wires are...

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I rang up a re-upholsterer and they quoted about $500... My understanding is that it's the going rate for this job...
I think Repair Bull might be a bit less than that for a regular sedan. I paid about $500 for Repair Bull to come out to my place and do my SSV and its got a sunroof so costs a bit more to get done.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
I think Repair Bull might be a bit less than that for a regular sedan. I paid about $500 for Repair Bull to come out to my place and do my SSV and its got a sunroof so costs a bit more to get done.
Yep, it seemed a bit steep in my opinion, since it's just an Omega without a sunroof or any fancy reading lights, etc... Heck, it doesn't even have front grab handles at all :D

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
How long ago did you get your SSV done? Also, how long will it last?

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
How long ago did you get your SSV done? Also, how long will it last?

Got it done in 2021. Dunno specifically how long it would last but it’s probably fitted the same way as the factory so probably about the same timeframe I’m guessing.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Is there a step by step guide on how to do it? I've seen some of your posts in the past saying how the VE's are difficult to do due to the 'Jesus handles' being pop riveted or something...

I currently have pins holding up the fabric and have used adhesives on the edges... This is a temporary fix and all interior lights still work, as it isn't sagging in the middle, where the wires are...
Don’t use pins. The roof has wiring a harness going all across it. A pin through that will create some issues.