Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Series 1 upgrade to Series 2 IQ Headunit

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Sorry to hijack but don't want to start another thread yet? Can you put sat nav on an iq that doesn't have sat nav?

Nope.
You will need to change the main unit, and add the GPS antenna and tms splitter.

Also There have been a number of IQ units on sale on eBay.
I have seen ones with GPS fitted go from $700 to $1200 depending on condition and trim bits included.

Ultimate conversion wiring is the best place to go to get this stuff programmed,
As they will not FORCE you to buy the IQ unit and bits from them in order to program the thing up for you.

Hope this helps

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

ajobbins

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE V-Series
I'm really disappointed about the lack of options to replace the stock unit. While upgrading a SI to a SII IQ head unit would be ideal, the price is crazy!

It's a shame there isn't an after market facia kit with HVAC controls that then just has a double-DIN space for whatever head unit you like. Someone does make one but it has the uglist looking square buttons for the HVAC that looks like they came from a 1992 DSE home electronics kit.

decromin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
I'm really disappointed about the lack of options to replace the stock unit. While upgrading a SI to a SII IQ head unit would be ideal, the price is crazy!

It's a shame there isn't an after market facia kit with HVAC controls that then just has a double-DIN space for whatever head unit you like. Someone does make one but it has the uglist looking square buttons for the HVAC that looks like they came from a 1992 DSE home electronics kit.

There is: Alpine Electronics of Australia

You won't like the price though ...

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Unfortunately, this is becoming more and more of an issue as more non critical functions get integrated in to the human interfaces.
I saw the same thing happen when Ford released the BA falcon and its ICC.

If you look at modern euro cars these days, you have no hope of fitting an after market head unit to anything built in the last 5 years.

numeric

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 60th anniversary
the alpine hvac with the square buttons is very old they have a new one the is touch screen

IMG_20130628_145322.jpg

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, VE Calais-V Series II
I have the new 8 alpine inch installed in my SS it looks great and it has all the functions you need. Price wise it was very good too

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
[md]#40;2514847 said:
Hey everyone,

I recently bought a 2006 VE Berlina which I am loving. I am really happy with the car overall, but something that I've always wanted in my cars is inbuilt GPS, so I am looking at upgrading the standard headunit to a series 2 IQ unit with GPS.

I know that JHP do the conversions, but their pricing is just ridiculous, looking at close to $3,000!!....

I'm hoping somebody on these forums might have had one of these conversions done to their car, and might know somewhere cheaper than JHP to get it done.

Any help would be great!

Cheers.

PS: I am located in Melbourne if that helps...
have u thought about getting integrated navigation to suit your screen..? or do u want to upgrade to the new iq screen... just that i have integrated navigation kits to suit the ve series 1 premium colour screens... alot cheaper than changing the hole unit...

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
The problem with the alpine one is the price.. 2.5k is a joke for a blood head unit of any kind!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, VE Calais-V Series II
The problem with the alpine one is the price.. 2.5k is a joke for a blood head unit of any kind!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I had mine installed for 1500 (mates rates). You never look at the rrp because that's a joke

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

[md]#40

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
have u thought about getting integrated navigation to suit your screen..? or do u want to upgrade to the new iq screen... just that i have integrated navigation kits to suit the ve series 1 premium colour screens... alot cheaper than changing the hole unit...

unfortunately I don't have the premium colour screen so I would have to change the whole unit anyway. I figured I may as well go for the IQ.

It's really annoying me how few options there are out there for the VE...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free