Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Series 1 upgrade to Series 2 IQ Headunit

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, VE Calais-V Series II
so does your phone button work now as mine doesn't if its that simple ill suss it out but it doesn't worry me that its not working as the main ones do

When you try to connect your bluetooth to alpine navi does it still come up with vehicle bt as an active connection?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

numeric

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 60th anniversary
no when i push the phone button the icon comes up on the dash but nothing happens and goes away after about 5 seconds phone works perfectly with alpine, cant connect to the car anymore. It doesn't bother me as the alpine is an easier way to make calls as you can see contacts instead of trying to say them and the snide bitch understanding me, the only good thing about the button was answering

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
To access the phone window you need to press audio to go across to it. The phone button only works for answering and hanging up calls

[md]#40

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Hey Calais-V, I'm heading over to JB HiFi today to ask about the headunit, do you remember how much they charged ya?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
[md]#40;2518432 said:
Hey Calais-V, I'm heading over to JB HiFi today to ask about the headunit, do you remember how much they charged ya?

I'd recommend ordering in the fascia kit and hvac on it's own and waiting until the 30% off car sound to buy the head unit. That's how you will get it the cheapest without knowing someone.

[md]#40

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
I'd recommend ordering in the fascia kit and hvac on it's own and waiting until the 30% off car sound to buy the head unit. That's how you will get it the cheapest without knowing someone.

Just went to JB, they quoted me the alpine RRP... then plus install bringing it up to $3149. he even said the 30% off sales would not apply to this unit.

Little bit more than $1500 haha..

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
[md]#40;2518469 said:
Just went to JB, they quoted me the alpine RRP... then plus install bringing it up to $3149. he even said the 30% off sales would not apply to this unit.

Little bit more than $1500 haha..

The 30% off will apply to the head unit not the HVAC as the headunit is stock and isn't a special order.

Sounds like you were served by a donkey who doesn't know how to use a pda

[md]#40

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
The 30% off will apply to the head unit not the HVAC as the headunit is stock and isn't a special order.

Weird, he told me the headunit was special order and not stock... even though they had 2 units coming in...

Yeah the guy didn't seem like he wanted to do me a good deal. I've got a couple of mates that work at JB so I'll suss out some prices with them next.

[md]#40

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive

Which JB did you get yours from?