Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Series 1 upgrade to Series 2 IQ Headunit

numeric

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 60th anniversary
head unit you need if you go the alpine is INE-Z928Ei its not a special order as said they didn't know what they were talking about if you get the fascia kit people have been putting different head units with it ie. pioneer kenwood what ever so that could be a different option for you

[md]#40

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
head unit you need if you go the alpine is INE-Z928Ei its not a special order as said they didn't know what they were talking about if you get the fascia kit people have been putting different head units with it ie. pioneer kenwood what ever so that could be a different option for you

Yeah, I think I'll do that, wait til the 30% off to get the headunit and then just special order the fascia. Will be looking at around $2500 all up (inc installation), which is still probably a fair price for what ya get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, VE Calais-V Series II
You'll be surprised at how cheap the fascia comes in as well. But paying for it in parts is the way to go.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

[md]#40

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
You'll be surprised at how cheap the fascia comes in as well. But paying for it in parts is the way to go.

Which JB did you get your gear from? My local store didn't really seem like they wanted to cut a deal

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, VE Calais-V Series II
[md]#40;2518531 said:
Which JB did you get your gear from? My local store didn't really seem like they wanted to cut a deal

I went to nunawading. I guess my experience at jb is different because of my friend. But they should move on price for you

[md]#40

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
I went to nunawading. I guess my experience at jb is different because of my friend. But they should move on price for you

Thanks man. I'll give them a go if my mates don't come through. sorry for all these questions, just really trying to get all my research done before I commit to anything.

[md]#40

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Just a quick update. Been calling around and getting some quotes:

JB Hifi wanted $2,799 to supply the unit, and $350-400 to fit it.
SSV Thomastown wanted $2,799 to supply, and $400 to fit it.
No Limit said $2,799, but said they could do it fitted WITH a reversing camera for $3,000 all up.

So far No Limit is in the lead! Still waiting on my mates to see if they can do a better deal.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Hi folks,

Been reading through this epic thread (that should be retitled Alpine Head Unit in Series 1 VE)
Have a Series 1 VE Calais V
I have sourced a SatNav optioned IQ unit and fascia.

I have teed up the panels and trim I need for the peripherals.

However:

•Do I need to order the vent duct behind the trim panel that sits above the screen?

I need the plastic crate thing that the head unit mounts into. I assume that is different between series 1 and 2.

•Is the plastic chassis/frame that sits behind the trims different between series?
The frame is what the box fits into.

•Also, if sat nav is used in a series 1 Calais, can I get the cluster reprogrammed to suit it.
Or do I need to have a Series 2 cluster reprogrammed to suit my odo and VIN etc?

•Who is best for a patch loom?

Can my factory roof mounted DVD player plug straight in?

•When the unit is reflashed with my VIN etc, do I send the fascia or the main unit?

•Who is good in WA to send this to for programming? (Postage to Eastern States.. ouch)

Last edited: