Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Series 2 SV6 Wrong Rev Limit?

snortings

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6
I own a 2011 Series 2 SV6, and when I give it the go it only revs out to 6000rpm and then it shifts up. I thought these SIDI engines make 210kw @ 6700rpm, not 6000rpm?

I've tried it in both Auto and Sports Auto and nothing makes a difference, so what's the go?

Carsales:
Engine Code - SIDI
Power - 210kW @ 6700rpm
Torque - 350Nm @ 2800rpm
Power to Weight Ratio - 126.1 (W/kg)

I do have a video of the car at full throttle which I took in March, as you can see it only revs out to 6000rpm. Yes sorry, I was recording with a crap phone. This video was done in Sports Auto.

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did a look around and couldn't see that it was.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Are you trying to break it?

Cam-ralph

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
I knew someone would say that thread, it doesn't answer my question that I can see.

Edit: In fact it doesn't answer my question at all
Well it’s pretty obvious if multiple people are having the same issue then the car is limited to 6000 rpm, despite it making max power at 6700

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
The fact the auto transmission changes up at 6000 rpm doesn't necessarily mean it is limited to 6000 RPM, although effectively for auto transmission cars that is the effect, perhaps a manual can runout to those revs. Personally I'd agree with Gossie, I wouldn't be revving it that high, most likely Holden have it set to those revs for engine longevity reasons and there is probably no benefit to hold that gear beyond 6000 rpm.