Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE series II GPS unit

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Must be available!

I picked up my Series MY11 SV6 Manual last week. The last thing the salesman tried was to get me to add the integrated GPS in for the discounted price of $950.

He claimed that all the hardware was there, and it was just a software update to activate the GPS capability.

Don't quote me that this is actually true though. It was what I was told.

I agree with everyone else. The system is too costly for most mere mortals.

SSV Redline

You Ride I Ride
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SSV Redline Sportwagon
The IQ in our SSV is in a fixed housing making it easier to touch the right pads on the screen. Our previous Sat Nav sat in a craddle on the windshield and it was very stable on our rough Brissie roads. I have never bothered with updating maps either and will probably not bother to up the maps in the IQ. If the IQ cant find a new street then I use the iPad app. I dont think the roads change all that much in Qld anyway as it takes decades to build a new road up here as they only do the road works during peak hour periods to ensure the maximum amount of disruption to the taxpayers who foot the bill. No offence directed at the Ve owners who work for main roads in Bris-vegas. If you are a project planner for the same organisation you can go jump!

Anthssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV sports wagon series 2
I'm not real impressed with my series 2 gps even more so now knowing the updates are $600 forget that.
Next time you use it take note as the speed camera and school zones alerts come up you are already going past them there's no lane guidance it's graphics are poor not very impressed. Only good point about it is, being able to tell what street you are even if your not using it.
No iPhone Tom Tom app only costs $90 free updates lane guidance about 20 different voices to choose from very accurate speed camera alerts doesn't matter how fast your going you always get plenty of worning and if there is a problem with the map you can submit a change and other people who have the app can down load it how cool is that?

mr_hyde

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Berlina International Sportwagon
As far as i am aware it cannot be added. Someone correct me if i am wrong.

Absolutely right.

The dipsticks in the Holden design department couldn't even get that right.

Currently have a Series II Berlina International Sportwagon which the dealer said had sat nav ... turns out he was wrong and I am stuck with an un-upgradeable system. Anyone know of any aftermarket option for IQ integrated sat nav for a VE series 2?

Something_Wrong

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Sv6 Sports Wagon
Still not impressed with my IQ Nav system, Wish you could search by street name, I hate it when i am on a border suburb and have to scroll through all the differnt suburbs names.

My 2.5yr old Mio portable GPS is better.

Cost $900 for GPS & reverse camera option what a waste.

kyone

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE CALAIS V
I have the GPS in the series I. The other day I put in Ikea and it took me to a place that was over 3km away. I had also tried a McDonalds in a suburb and it took me to a dead end street. This is just down right wrong. I can handle the inefficient routing but when it gets the POI completely wrong.. that's just not acceptable.

I really think Holden should give away free upgrades, to me this is a defect and should be free. I have v14 maps.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
What's the cost of the GPS upgrade? I didn't get it with my SV6 but am considering having it added.

I have run a TomTom in my cars for years. I have the holden GPS in the E3 only because it's standard. Overall it's about on par with the TomTom. It's a bit quirky but the TomTom is too, just in different ways. One feature that I think is great is that it works in the tunnels - gyroscope I suppose.

In balance I probably wouldn't spend the money for the Holden one unless it was standard. The new TomTom/Garmin after market units are just as good at a fraction of the price.

Reaper

Anthssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV sports wagon series 2
The more I use my iq Gps the more I am not impressed it came standard with my SSV if I could have I would have swapped it for the brakes on the Red Line!!!

Frank2112

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Wagon, VE II SV6
I'm glad I didn't choose the GPS option in my SV6. Sounds like more trouble than it is worth.

Redbarn

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SSV Redline - Alto Grey
Ive got the IQII in my redline and really like it, i haven't had any problems with the GPS, the traffic feature is excellent. It is a lot better than my previous inbuilt systems in much more expensive cars. I recommend it.