Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Servicing Blues - Anyone had this experience

RIP 05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ sedan
tell them to F$%k OFF, they are ripping you a new one. No way should your services being costing that much.

justnuts

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve omega
Hi Everyone. Many thanks for your responses. It wasn't until last night when I pulled out all the service records that I realised how much it's all cost me so far. I called the stealer today and cancelled the brake work next week. I'm going in tomorrow to fix the bill for the work they did yesterday and thats the last they'll see of me.

Xonar, I'd like to get the details of your guy in Cabramatta. Would be convenient for me to go there. Love to get him to check out the brakes and see what he says compared to the stealer. Sorry for sounding like a dope but what does PM mean.
I have to go out for a while but I'll write a list of what was done on the $1423 service tonight for you all to have a look at if you're interested. By the way, discs were machined in that service but no new pads were fitted.
For now many thanks to all of you. I really appreciate your feedback, info and help....... Cheers.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Hi Everyone. Many thanks for your responses. It wasn't until last night when I pulled out all the service records that I realised how much it's all cost me so far. I called the stealer today and cancelled the brake work next week. I'm going in tomorrow to fix the bill for the work they did yesterday and thats the last they'll see of me.

Xonar, I'd like to get the details of your guy in Cabramatta. Would be convenient for me to go there. Love to get him to check out the brakes and see what he says compared to the stealer. Sorry for sounding like a dope but what does PM mean.
I have to go out for a while but I'll write a list of what was done on the $1423 service tonight for you all to have a look at if you're interested. By the way, discs were machined in that service but no new pads were fitted.
For now many thanks to all of you. I really appreciate your feedback, info and help....... Cheers.

Pm is private message...

Here is details for my Mechanic Cabramatta Auto Mechanical Repairs

I'll send you PM now which will pop up on your screen :)

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS

Machining discs and not putting new pads completely defeats the purpose of machining ! Bloody halfwits !

Supe

Supe
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
There had want to be a bloody good reason why there was a service costing $1400 or I would be lodging a complaint with fair trading.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
If the pain of a service cost lasts longer than 24hours you've probably been ripped off.
I honestly believe some dealers decide what work they want to do to your car before they even look at it to make sure they reach their daily service budget.
Hmmm this guy looks like he needs a new set of plugs, full set of pads, 3 new tyres, a master cylinder and a partrige in a pear tree.
And seriously, any company who sells Warranty deserves a punch in the nuts. If they made their product (car) to a decent standard it wouldn't be necessary.
"Would you like to buy the extended warranty" > translates to .... our quality aint that good and your car could self destruct at any time. If you pay us extra money now we'll think about helping you out when that happens !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd rather go to Kmart Tyre and Auto than pay those prices.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
$1400 must have included some pretty big replacement items going on the car.

The 90,000klm service on a VE is considered the 'first' major service. Standard system pricing (In Canberra) for that is $840 for the SS or V8 variants. They replace spark plugs on this service which retail for approx $33 per plug ($264 just there) then there is all the other bits. Still a steep price in my book.

I just had new rotars (front only) and pad (police spec) fitted to mine on Thursday. Cost $355. They were going to machine them but they had very bad cracks across the wear surface so I said replace them. I did see the cracks... The last time they were machined (all 4) it cost me $150. All done at my local dealer.

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
dealerships what more can be said throw in a bent used car deal . Used car warranties what a joke , a story from my past whilst working at a Holden stealership with an accountant as a service manager , back in the days when VN's where new a customer would buy a used car maybe only 14 months old ex company or hire car etc etc , come time for a claim on used car warranty the excuses sure did come thick and fast in the end the customer would pay for the repairs , then the service manager would lodge a claim on the used car warranty , then with the car still under new car warranty a claim made on that too , this happened a number of times during my time there and afew other jobs , atleast i outlasted the so called service manager finished my app then moved on .
Always read the fine print carefully and ask questions if unsure dont assume the warranty covers bumper to bumper and that its a used car not a new car .
servicing costs are over the top thru any stealerships as they have very high overheads and costs to cover most of their workshops are filled with young guys learning the trade and are cheap .

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
I simply don't go to a dealership for servicing. Especially after getting all my work done. Hi Torque did the mods so they get the servicing. Plus it's like half the cost of the dealer

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
holy crap dude, they saw you coming a mile away.

learn your lesson and stay away from dealer servicing mate. at a bare minimum if even now you are still unsure, get 2nd and 3rd opinions.... but at those prices it's obvious that even you (a loyal customer) are now questioning the legitimacy. follow your instincts and walk away.