Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2009 ve v6 transmission erratic shifts

Matman44

Reaction score
Members Ride
wh caprice
Hi, just an update to my prev post on my ve shift issues. I did a service on the trans with new fluid and filter,
fluid was very clean and filter the same, I`ve had the car five years never had to touch fluid levels,
so was quite surprised to see how clean everything looked, no debris in the pan either.
After the service it improved marginally, where it used to rev up and go into gear with a clunk when I slowed to turn
into a side st. or car park, it doesn`t seem to do that now, certainly not as harsh if at all.
Main issue I feel is the delay in up-shifts, someone mentioned about solenoids.. Does anyone know more on these?
Is it something I should look into. Thanks guys.

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
I got a question for you, do you have a amp or sub in your car? I have weird electrical issues in one car that followed when I bought a VZ Commodore and the only thing that I'd done was take my amp/sub over....... turned out the amp was faulty. Worked fine when I unhooked it.

I sold the VZ and bought a VE SS and some years later has similar things wasn't amp this time........ took me ages to find, what it was ........the bolt to the RFA on the rear parcel shelf had come loose from my sub vibrating the car.

So if you got an amp, unhook that first and check.