Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE sidi SV6 fuel economy

m05tw4nt3d

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV WAGON
braking can be kept to a minimum with a manual mate. if you read my posts i clearly state those figures were returned on the highway stint.

also whitey your welcome to find someone with a similar model and modded car but why would i waste the fuel and kms on my car? or my time off work? no way i'm letting some forum random hook up an external tank and fuel system to my car.

the stint on illawarra hw is pretty small. the way i go anyway down old south road very straight near no throttle required as it's a steep decline.

also to make that econemy again i'd have to buy an airhammer again and ditch the otr. as i said since the otr i don't get any where near those figures anymore.
but dude its not a waste, ur cars only gunna use what 6 bucks of fuel maby???? thats a $994 profit for you.......HA

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Just a VCM tune mate. That is still aside the point though, a 3.6L V6 just won't return 4.6L/100km. That would mean it could do 1600km on a tank lolz. Even the new SIDI Holden add on tv only boasts a 900km range on a tank and it has direct injection.

Did you even read what he has been saying??

I get 5.x on some stretches of road, depending on weather and my foot. Not saying u would see it all the time

I got 11l/100km going through the spur yesterday and I was gunning it, back end came out almost every corner haha

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
Did you even read what he has been saying??

I get 5.x on some stretches of road, depending on weather and my foot. Not saying u would see it all the time

I got 11l/100km going through the spur yesterday and I was gunning it, back end came out almost every corner haha

Yes i read it but have you read what i said?? Even though the readout says 5.x it does not mean that is exactly what it is using. A 3.6 V6 pulling over 1500kg will NEVER get 4.8L/100km unless it is idling down a big hill. Even when my trip computer tells me im getting high sixes i know its not actually doing that as i run out of fuel well before it would if it were actually getting 6L/100km. :bang:

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
i don't know about the VEs, but for my VP i can calibrate the computer to change values such as fuel flow etc. i am going to calibrate it tomorrow to show you guys that my old worn out v8 only uses 2l/100km. if i post photos will you believe me?

the point is that computers are inaccurate. even new ones. what you need to do is fill up your tank full, then reset your trip computer to 0kms. drive until you need to fill up again. then fill up full and write down how many litres you got into your tank. now use the following formula to calculate your economy:
(litres used) / (kilometres travelled) * 100.

never ever believe what your computer tells you because it's most likely telling you lies :)

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
i don't think you can recalibrate the ve one yourself.

MySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SV6
that doesn't mean it's accurate ;)

Actually mine is pretty close - within 0.2 or 0.3 litres per 100km of what I calculate based on km and refill volume of fuel. It certainly is a lot closer than the VZ which always read higher than what I really got by up to 1 litre per 100km.

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
i guess i coul try that to see how fair out the reading is. but as i said the car is not returning those figures anymore plus i now have non standard wheels and tyres so it's probably way out?

MySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SV6
Non standard wheel/tyres usually end up with roughly the same rolling diameter - within a few % unless you went for a really wild set. Got a GPS - see how accurate your speedo is at 100kmh compared to a GPS to give a really rough indication of the accuracy.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
i got roughly 6.7L/100 from melbourne to bendigo along the calder today, took it really easy and sat behind other cars most of the way