Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE sidi SV6 fuel economy

sv6newby

Reaction score
Members Ride
sv6 ute
hey
Ive had my MY10 sidi sv6 ute for almost 2 weeks now.
so far the computer is showing me drinking 10.9/100 from my 1st fill. and now this week i put 98 ron in it and im currently chewing 11.5/ 100.
what are other people getting in there sidi sv6's?
im expecting better economy with the sidi engine.
my dealership has said that after the free 3000km service it should be better on fuel cos the oil used in the engine is thicker than it should be to run in the engine. then in goes the good quality oil? any one know that?

Brad.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Also will take a few tanks of fuel for the trip computer to settle down and give better usage readings.

SPack

Wish it would rain......
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 sportwagon (phantom)
I've done about 2500 km since I picked up my car and the figures are around 10 to the hundred give or take. Just completed a weekend trip away with a good mix of highway/city driving and a fully loaded sportwagon, 3 kids 2 adults. End figure was about 9.5 l/100k best result when on the first leg (highway) was about 8.4. It is VERY susceptible to the effects of putting your foot down... if you hammer it... It will gulp the juice down (but it does go mightily when you do....)

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
i had a MY08 sv6, ( i know this is a sidi thread ). If i put the put down then i got the same fuel usuage as i do out of my adventra. But on the around town i had it around 10.7 most of the time, on the freeway, 8.2 was the lowest i had

that was the 195 6 speed manual

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
i had a MY08 sv6, ( i know this is a sidi thread ). If i put the put down then i got the same fuel usuage as i do out of my adventra. But on the around town i had it around 10.7 most of the time, on the freeway, 8.2 was the lowest i had

that was the 195 6 speed manual

Wow, is this fully stock or modded??

With just a CAI and rear mufflers replaced I average around 6l per 100km, best ive ever had was 5.2l, if it gets really windy etc, normally climbs upto 7-8l.

sheepz

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 SV6 manual

With just a CAI and rear mufflers replaced I average around 6l per 100km, best ive ever had was 5.2l, if it gets really windy etc, normally climbs upto 7-8l.

What brand CAI you got ? looking at buying one soon

sv6newby

Reaction score
Members Ride
sv6 ute

6 litres/100 from a v6 that weghs 1600-1700kg?

im sorry but how? do u only drive on highways at about 60 in 6th?

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
on the monash too and from melbourne. Im normally 90-100km/h, my mates VZ alloytec gets slightly worse economy with all his mods, and ive seen a picture of a VE 6 getting 4.2l/100km/h with a range of 1200. Its abit hit and miss some days, too work this morning I average 7.3l, yesterday I averaged 6.8l.

Also, the best pod filter CAI out there is the Air hammer, if you want it abit cheaper theres an aluminum one on ebay that does the trick, picks up abit more heat, i think the most efficient one though is an OTR CAI setup, though I would wait for mafless before getting that.

sv6newby

Reaction score
Members Ride
sv6 ute
how many kms is ur trip too and from melbourne?