Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Sport Wagon Boot Lock Problem

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Hey guys,

Quick question as you might have some advice, my friend has a VE sports wagon and her key remote has stopped working on the boot, it opens doors fine. What can she do, is there a fault with this or something easy to fix?

Thanks in advance

Shm1ck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Thunder Ute
Has she dropped the key at all? Are the buttons in good condition?

Search YouTube for a step guide on how to disassemble your remote key, maybe just need to be adjusted slightly.

Worth a shot before you get someone to look at it

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Has she dropped the key at all? Are the buttons in good condition?

Search YouTube for a step guide on how to disassemble your remote key, maybe just need to be adjusted slightly.

Worth a shot before you get someone to look at it

Not sure as I haven't had a look myself, but I will find out.

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
sounds like an issue with tailgate lock rather than key

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
I have just asked if she can hear it making the lock/unlock sound. If so, then trying lifting the tailgate as she pushes the button.

If that works would that just be an adjustment? If not then I was thinking a faulty boot lock as well.

joeski

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Berlina Sportswagon
Just purchased a MY 08 VE Berlina Sportswagon, full holden service history & well looked after. After 2 wks tailgate motor began making winding noises & when shutting the door the boot wouldn't open backup! No motor sound anymore. I was able to release the latch following owner manual but after some Wd-40 & shaving a tiny piece of plastic which appeared to be obstructing the locking mechanism I closed the tailgate & the problem isn't fixed.
Any knowledge or solutions to the problem?

Last edited:

kwaka738

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY09 Berlina Sportwagon
I had a similar problem with my 08 Sportwagon. The problem was water in the release switch due to a poorly designed switch. (Crappy Holden part!)

I found the thread below and used the hairdryer remedy to get it temporarily working. However I ended up buying a new switch at a cost of $176.

This problem with the switch is reasonably common and the replacement switch is improved over what was installed in the 08 Model. I wrote a 'how to replace it' in post 20 (see link below) which I suggest you read if you have the same problem and are going to fix it yourself.

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/boot-release-wont-work-ve-ss-v-sportwagon.123940

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Does it have the touchpad open feature or is it a manual open only?

The touchpads are prone to water leaks if it does have one. You can try and dry it out by taking out the rear parkers and hair drying inside. Put it will be a replace job very soon.

I did mine about 2 months. Save yourself hours of headache and just buy the tailgate lock AND the chrome trim. It WILL break.

kwaka738

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY09 Berlina Sportwagon
Does it have the touchpad open feature or is it a manual open only?

The touchpads are prone to water leaks if it does have one. You can try and dry it out by taking out the rear parkers and hair drying inside. Put it will be a replace job very soon.

I did mine about 2 months. Save yourself hours of headache and just buy the tailgate lock AND the chrome trim. It WILL break.

There's a chance the chrome trim will break but read my post and if you follow my suggestion you should be able not to break the chrome trim. If I'd known how to go about it before I removed it I might have had a chance of saving it and it cost $125 so it's worth following what I suggest.

Also if it is water in the switch you can look at the switch especially with the tailgate raised and see if there's water in it. I could. The new switch (and wiring loom) has a full rubber membrane over it (much better) and you can't see into it.

So read my post:
https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...work-ve-ss-v-sportwagon-2.123940/post-2596267