Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Wagon Boot Problem - Replaced Switch and Actuator

kfcnaal

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 LLT WAGON
Hi All,

Need some help here.
I have not been able to use my 2010 VE Wagon boot for over a year, one day it just stopped working.
After reading about similar issues I have now replaced the actuator and boot switch but still no luck.

This is frustrating as I have had to save money for each item and after replacing it still doesn't work. I am still having to open from the inside every time I need to use the boot.

If anyone has any ideas on what I can do in this situation it would be very helpful.

Cheers

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
First thing is to see if you are getting voltage to the actuator when the button is pressed.

I don’t have a wiring diagram at hand though.

adios57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
I had to replace mine last year.
Check that the number plate lights are working as you had to fit the one plug that covers the wiring to the lights and the release button.
If they are working then test for power to the button with a test light or multimeter.
There should be constant power to the button with the ignition on as the button when pressed should earth the circuit.
If you have constant power but not working then the problem might be on the earth side.
Look for the earth connection, it might be in the tailgate or in the body of the car. Clean the connection and resecure it.
If you have a rear camera then the additional wiring will be there. I don't have one but your model may well have it too.
My wiring diagram is a bit hard to figure out. Haynes Manual is crap.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
There is a factory download available. Lots of sources including this forum.

To use it, enable the sidebar of your pdf reader and it gives you the index.