Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve ss dyno results please give your opinion

Tim-dietrich

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
Hey guys just want everybody's opinion i got my automatic L98 ve ss dynoed today it got 4-1 xforce headers high flow cats and 2.5" xforce catback. Volant cold airbox with highflow pod filter.

It made 238kw atw and 565nm torque after the tune

It was 31 degrees Celsius inside the dyno room or 87 degrees Fahrenheit. Had the normal big fan blowing on the front of the car but yes the ambient temp inside the workshop was stinking hot do yous think it made good numbers for what it had done to it and in the hot conditions it was running in.

Just want to know your opinion so please everybody chime in.

Cheers Tim

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
When I read your specs, I guessed 'about 240rwkw'.

It may have gained a few extra kilowatts with cooler air.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Just remember all dynos read different, you could put it on a different dyno on the same day and get 250rwkw and another and get 257rwkw amd so forth my 2007 ssv with similar mods (manual tho) got 263rwkw on eastern automotives dyno I think it was 18-19 degrees that day

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Hey guys just want everybody's opinion i got my automatic L98 ve ss dynoed today it got 4-1 xforce headers high flow cats and 2.5" xforce catback. Volant cold airbox with highflow pod filter.

It made 238kw atw and 565nm torque after the tune

It was 31 degrees Celsius inside the dyno room or 87 degrees Fahrenheit. Had the normal big fan blowing on the front of the car but yes the ambient temp inside the workshop was stinking hot do yous think it made good numbers for what it had done to it and in the hot conditions it was running in.

Just want to know your opinion so please everybody chime in.

Cheers Tim
Sounds about right for a auto L98

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
my LS1 got 239kw at the wheels. Seems low but that could be down to the dyno, temp etc.

Tim-dietrich

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
Thanks for all the info guys how much power loss is there between an auto and a manuel.

Im contemplating on weather to fit a otr or not i just dont want to spend $700 nzd and find out it only gives me a couple kw on the dyno. And no real on road performance.

Im going to try take the cats out next just to change the note of it maybe give it a crisper sound wouldn't really expect to pick up any performance from it.

What else can i do to pick up a bit more power without spending $3000 nzd to do cam and springs etc.

Cheers Tim

v-petn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore SS VE
Thanks for all the info guys how much power loss is there between an auto and a manuel.

Im contemplating on weather to fit a otr or not i just dont want to spend $700 nzd and find out it only gives me a couple kw on the dyno. And no real on road performance.

Im going to try take the cats out next just to change the note of it maybe give it a crisper sound wouldn't really expect to pick up any performance from it.

What else can i do to pick up a bit more power without spending $3000 nzd to do cam and springs etc.

Cheers Tim

Well mine is manual and my mods are xforce 1 3/4 headers, high flow cat, 2.5 inch walkinshaw cat back, VMC OTR mafless and dyno at 278rwkw and 597 torque and that's on mainline dyno which I've heard normally reads lower. I did have walkinshaw cold air intake prior and not sure how much extra you would get just doing otr.. But I must say the induction noise of the OTR is much better

undy222

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed Calais
235 RWKS no mod, OTR+3 inch Xforce +1/7/8 Extracts +VCM 11 cam kit =300RWKS via auto box in ve Calais l98

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
235 RWKS no mod, OTR+3 inch Xforce +1/7/8 Extracts +VCM 11 cam kit =300RWKS via auto box in ve Calais l98

Good result, if it was bolt-on only. Tune should see 320 efficiently out of that combo, no point in running it that low deliberately?

Tim with properly corrected dyno the output actually strays higher with warmer ambient.