Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS exhaust problem/advice

Diesel_junkie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Guys I know there are 100's of threads HOWEVER I have a 2.5" walkinshaw exhaust and my missus's work mate has a VE SS with an xforce system anyway my missus says yesterday "nicoles SS sounds heaps better than yours" I nearly cried lol!! Anyway my question:

I have pacemaker headers STOCK cats and walkinshaw 2.5 system the mufflers are only single outlet. When it's sitting in neutral and you give a big rev it sounds tough but not when driving it. I want it to sound cranky not offensive but a nice bubble and pop when it's decelerating not like an ag ute with a 5" exhaust and the guts bashed out of the cats just a nice tough V8 rumble with popping. I will wear SOME drone providing I get what I'm after so is xforce the go to get the result? The walkinshaw exhaust is great but the single outlet mufflers are too smooth. Any help would be great! Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

INNAWE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais 5ltr
Has your mates car got anything else done to the motor?
Has your car got any mods to motor as well?

Diesel_junkie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Mines tuned hers isn't that's all I know. Hers doesn't have cams or anything I know that.

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
100 cell or 200 cell cats will make a substantial difference to exhaust noise but probably require your tune be adjusted..

alternatively you can change the mufflers over to another brand and see if there is much difference in the tone..

Mattk101

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 sidi 2010
Cats would make a difference. But it would be the tune aswell, before I got my tune my car was popping like crazy on decel, once I got the tune to suit my upgrades it got rid of it. That would probably be why your friends would pop more.

But as for the sound difference it would be the xforce exhaust, but could just be the single outlet, just "borrow" your friends rears and bolt them on to yours see if it's what you want lol only take 20 minutes

Diesel_junkie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
That's a valid point about the tune. Cheers guys

Mattk101

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 sidi 2010
Well now you have a good response for your mrs ha ha, just tell her that your friends car sounds like that because it's not tuned properly, so your car is faster ha ha.

Diesel_junkie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Haha that's true! Getting an xforce 3" it will sound more cranky even if it does drone a bit

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
If you're getting a new catback you may as well change your cats.
Think of your cats acting like a muffler, so going high flow (100 or 200 cell) will change the note.

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
For the life of me I'd never change x force to walky...
Try your cats or his rear mufflers. IMO walky exhausts sound great on the cars I've seen:)