Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS fuel economy

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
The SIDI's generally will use less fuel when driving them 'normally'......... if you put your foot to the floor alot i've heard their stock tune runs richer then the old alloytechs to be able to run the extra spark at WOT which is what gives them their 210kw peak power.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
lol, i don't care too much about economy, if i did i would have bought a 6 or something so i don't take too much notice on speeds etc. but i fuel it every 2 weeks and it costs me about $90 each time. (vortex 98)

yeah same, costs me about $90ish sometimes 95 bucks for bp 98

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
The SIDI's generally will use less fuel when driving them 'normally'......... if you put your foot to the floor alot i've heard their stock tune runs richer then the old alloytechs to be able to run the extra spark at WOT which is what gives them their 210kw peak power.
okey dokey. im not really educated on these 6cyl engines as ive always owned an 8!

V8s and beer

Everything else is trivia
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 R8 Clubsport LSA Tourer #0035
Gday BDC,
I also have the AFM in my wagon and I average 14s - 14.5s around Sydney in peak traffic periods...averaging about 30kmh. I have headers-cats-exhaust done, CAI, and tuned, so always use Premium. I just did a round trip Sydney-Melbourne-Ballarat-Shepparton-Sydney over Christmas and averaged 8.8 for the entire trip, average speed 87km hour. On the last leg, I filled up in Gundagai, pumped 42psi into the treads and managed 7.8 to my door at average of 103. . . that was, however, driving very sedately due to the double demerit period.
I have driven to Melbourne a few times in the car and have done it on a tank more than once.

jace75

Reaction score
Members Ride
JULY 08 VE SSV 60th Anniv.
i have driven to melbourne from sydney 3 times in my 08 60th ssv.
i have got down to 10.5 lp/100 but never done it in 1 tank always been at least 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 tanks each way.

i have only done 14000 k's in my car so maybe still running in? it is not the AFM model its the last of the L98 auto

BLACK-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS, VE SS ute 360rwkws daily VE LPG
VE SS ute M6 big cam heads twin fuel pump 65lb injectors around 24L around town 30kph on E85 fuel on long run get 12L at 100kph avg spped.

never got under 10L on highway with either of my VE ss M6 i've had maybe 10.5L at best with a tune and bolt ons

chocco

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SportWagon, VZ Crewman Cross 8
Just take the car for it's first big drive, between melb - wangaratta all highway towing a trailer full of camping gear averaged 11.2, then between Wangaratta and Bright with air con on 11.7. VE SSV Manual Wagon only mods is a VCM OTR. it used less fuel than my previous car last year which was a VY V6 auto wagon.

maddavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
On a good week, I get 10.9 - 11.5 [av], 70k round trip to work then family **** on week-end. The boss gets 8.4 on a 140km round trip doin 120 on the M1 [Brisbane] Both 'AFM' autos, I use Shell ULP, boss uses PULP... When I pull into a Ethanol Only servo & couldn't give a ####, I get about 50km less before it goes to "Low Fuel"!

ads72

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs acclaim 3.8
fuel figures

I have SSV with OTR mafless tune and stock exhaust. On a recent trip from Werribee over the Great Alpine road to Gippland on the other side and back home again my trip comp says I was averaging 9.2, very happy with these figures.

On a good week, I get 10.9 - 11.5 [av], 70k round trip to work then family **** on week-end. The boss gets 8.4 on a 140km round trip doin 120 on the M1 [Brisbane] Both 'AFM' autos, I use Shell ULP, boss uses PULP... When I pull into a Ethanol Only servo & couldn't give a ####, I get about 50km less before it goes to "Low Fuel"!

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
I have SSV with OTR mafless tune and stock exhaust.

Interesting mods. Stock exhaust with an OTR and mafless tune. Any reason for retaining the exhaust?

*Sorry for going O/T.