Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS Grille - Cost for a Mold and Share Costs

doccortex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SS Sedan
Hi,

In an earlier post, I asked if anyone knows where to find the standard honeycomb pattern, without the ring built in. As someone said, unless something is released, there simply isn't one.

Does anyone have any idea of the cost to produce one, and would sufficient VE owners, be willing to buy one to make it a share option ?

I myself, want to fix just the standard SS badge to the front ( exaclty the same emblem as rear, and sides ) - without the ring.

I am happy to call around, etc, as long as I know there is a real interest. Hell, enough people get interested, the HK guys might.

Cheers,

Doc

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
I have a Series II which I believe is a different shape but yes I would be interested in a professional plain honeycomb grill. for me, Max $200 and I'd be in

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VF2 Redline, 17' VF2 GTS
There use to be someone on here that made custom grill badges to suit the ve, there was alot of interest in asking the guy to make a one piece honey comb grill but he said the toolling was bout 20k so wasnt a viable option.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Is there anything in the States for rebadged Commodores that would work for the Series I cars?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
A bird smashed straight through mine and looked into it

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
I want it to look professionally moulded. And for it to fit first time. With cosmetic stuff I'm lazy.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Sydney Special Vehicles. Honeycomb matches, cuts are simple. I've got an Orrsom OTR and am also modifying the grill's top lip down before the radiator to become a scoop / ramjet ála Dus stylee.
In fact Dus would be the one to hit up for injection molding an off the shelf.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
I want it to look professionally moulded. And for it to fit first time. With cosmetic stuff I'm lazy.

Take a look at the detail shots, that's better than OEM! There is another shot of same flat grill stuff with Redline SSV bottom right on Voodoo blue car, seen that?