Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS - High Ratio Rockers.... With AFM?

Stock AFM SS Wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Wagon AFM
My advice to anyone who has a stock SS....... ONLY do hi-flow cats and maybe an OTR........ leave the rest alone unless your going to do a cam, no headers etc. You'll find the stock headers are best for the cam thats in the car...... and will provide you with the 'fun' power it has available as well as helping hold the fuel ratio's more steady then either hsv headers or long tubes which at the end of the day is way more important for the car and power then some myth and magic concepts of more airflow = more power. Unless you have changed the cam, dont do headers period. Just my opinion.

Old thread dig but better than starting a new one, when you changed the stock headers for HSV tri v6's what other mods did you have? I have a stock 2011 SS AFM wagon and I have the opportunity to fit HSV headers for $300 to standard exhaust, and later maybe fit Mace cold air intake with pod and get a tune, I'm after more usable driveability don't care about top end power.