Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve ss lifters

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
The series 2 L77 had redesigned ACDelco lifters instead of the Delphi lifters from the L76.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
What is the difference?
More reliable. All L77's had DOD hardware fitted, but DOD was disabled in the electronics on manual V8 Commodores.

franks ve ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve
More reliable. All L77's had DOD hardware fitted, but DOD was disabled in the electronics on manual V8 Commodores.
Ok thank you very much so my car is not making any noises no shakes,so I shouldn't be worried a mechanic who says I would do them now they give no warning when they will collapse or bend is pulling my leg and wants $4500

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Ok thank you very much so my car is not making any noises no shakes,so I shouldn't be worried a mechanic who says I would do them now they give no warning when they will collapse or bend is pulling my leg and wants $4500
Yea mate don’t worry about it if there’s no unusual noises just keep up the services

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
dont fix what aint broke, leave it and dont touch anything its all set in its way and will prob last forever, touch one thing and it will snowball

franks ve ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve
dont fix what aint broke, leave it and dont touch anything its all set in its way and will prob last forever, touch one thing and it will snowball
Funny thing took it past a mechanic tonight he said there is no noises engine sounds healthy its 220k on it but so what I've had these cars going to 300k and still good,and original owners alot of blokes got these cars and drove like they stole them and that's why they have a bad reputation

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Change the oil frequently and use a flush or lifter free up. Keeping the lifters clean goes a long way to helping them from going bad. I use flush every oil change and I'm on 230k. I dump the oil every 10k but most on here would probably change it every 7,500 as mentioned a few posts ago.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I wouldn't touch lifters on an LS without a reason, cam, head gaskets, top end refresh, etc... They're naturally noisy valvetrains and LS lifters are an enigma wrapped in a mystery (or probably Mexican blueprint consistency needs work). Some go for three tonnes before they crap out, some last 50k. Some are noisier than others. If they ain't broke, rock on and maintain her like you love her

Dylan kingswood

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 s2 Ve ss
Had a 2011 manuel l77, sounded like a bottom end knock when one lifter failed , done dod delete and a few extras and because it gouged cam but as said donr touch what aint broke