Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve ss pacemaker to cat to x force 2.5 inch

peedee

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss ute 6.0 M6
I'm picking up a second hand pair of pacemaker 4-1 and I want to fit them to my 2010 ve ss ute. I already have an x force 2.5 inch cat back, with stock cats. Just wondering what type of cat or anything that will be needed, any tips on the installation will be appreciated.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
The paceys will be too long to bolt straight onto your stock cats because the factory manifolds are short as. So you'll have to modify the stockers or get some aftermarket cats. Allot of places make cats now ready to bolt straight up.

VPbomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX clubsport
You can actually get pacemaker short extractors that fit up to the factory cat position

peedee

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss ute 6.0 M6
Ok, so basically I need to try and find some cats that will replace the stock cats but mate up to the cat back and the pace maker headers. Does anyone know of any brands or anything that would fit? Also the sensor that plugs into the headers, will that have to be modified to fit the pacemakers? Or should the cable reach ok? If anyone has fitted pacemaker 4-1's to the ve ss I'd love for you to chime in about now. Cheers

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You will not get anything that will bolt up. Just about every brand will make their cats different to suit their own headers. You will need to cut and weld what ever you get.

You will need an O2 sensor extension for the LHS, the RHS will reach.

Ummm.....you will also probably need to get a new cat back as well, because the XForce will sound like **** once you fit extractors and high flow cats.

Trying to do things on a budget mixing and matching brands just doesn't seem to work on the VE. You will fit the extractors, spend the money on cats, modify it all to fit, then find it sounds like crap and have to spend more money trying to fix it.

My opinion, piss the XForce off and fit a decent cat back. Depending on your budget, I wouldn't even bother with the Pacies, I am doing a complete package deal up until the end of December for extractors, cats, the cat back and all nuts, bolts, gaskets and the sensor extension loom all for $2360 shipped.