Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS question?

Blazum

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
hi im thinking of upgrading to a VE SS Ute, my main concern is insurance on it. i will be 20 and on my opens by then so im just wondering who here is 20 years old and owns one that has insurance? would be a great help to know what im looking at for it cause i currently pay $235 a month comprehensive on my vz s ute :S and ive been with the same insurance company for 2 n half years now
thanks.

xoom

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
hey mate,

abit too much i reckon, depends on your state too i guess.

im 19 and i pay just under 2k with sgic.

EDIT: still not on fulls, P2's

Blazum

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
in QLD so i have to be on my opens to get a v8 which is soon
i pay 2.8k atm :/ its ####ed n only a v6

BumbleBeeSSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VEII SSV Redline Ute
I'm 21 with an ssv ute. I was getting quotes around 6k per year. Chucked it in the girls name with me as a nominated driver n got it to 2.6k per year. It's expensive, but if I can afford the car I make sure I can afford the insurance. Bear in mind that neither of us have clean sheets re license history. Could you possibly do something like that? Maybe your old man or something

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
i pay 2.8k atm :/ its ####ed n only a v6
Damn thats alot. I'm on my reds and I'm turning 20 this year, insurance for me was just under 1k with NRMA.

Potta9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 , B2600
Yeah my insurance on my r8 is 1400 I thinkwith nrma. But I've also been paying full comprehensive insurance since I was 17 now 21

Blazum

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
got a quote from both NRMA n Just Car Insurance, NRMA offered $2015 annually and Just Car offered $2388 anually but thats with all mods added because NRMA dosnt give me that option in the quote

HUX 90

POSION VE SS UTE
Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS UTE
I bought my SS ute wehn I was 19 and just car was the only insurance company at the time that would insure me. That quote Just car gave you is what I was originally quoted, my monthly payments did decrease after the first year due to not having any claims.

ve 6ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Im 21 and on my full licence.I pay $108 a month for insurance with NRMA,thats with hire car and windscreen cover. Basic excess is $600 and an additional excess of $400 because i am under the age of 25. So all up my excess is $1000, which seems abit steep, as now I have to pay it after cleaning up a kangaroo : (