Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS Series 2 Sizzle Red

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
I know the one now, seen it else where. Pro it'd be soft rubber and will also protect the bumper from scrapping. Con may go below 100mm ground clearence which is illegal and it screws into the bumper which might be horrible should you moved it.

Razzza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Well my genuine lip required me to drill 4 extra holes into the base of my front bumper :/

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Noticed your OTR, subtle colour accent matches the glint of the filter oil. Noice.
I cut the hood lining about 150mm from the front parallel cuts same width as the mouth, removed the middle trim peg from the liner at the front, then folded this section of liner back onto itself and pinned it back up to sit above the top of the Orrsom's shroud.
This doubles the critical gap at the leading edge of the hood and eliminates the inevitable sag of the liner getting in the way of the flow. The fold above the OTR shroud then becomes a cushion that neatly fills the gap between intake and hood. Seal off the escaping air at the sides on the hood with foam tape and it is a simple way to increase air availability with a slightly pressurised pocket, increasing effective volume from hood lip to throttle plate.
I assume you retained the MAF and its not tuned yet?

Last edited:

Razzza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Correct, still have MAF and untuned.

I actually need to get a need liner as I cut mine way to big as I thought I could have a wild guess at what 500mm was haha. So your liner has just sealed the orrsom otr from the engine bay the way you have shaped it?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Yeah bit handy I thought, why not!
Car is with with the wench up hairdressers at the moment so only illustration is this little video, you can just see the flap pinned to the hood lining:
[video=youtube_share;-4JXLBQy7Nw]http://youtu.be/-4JXLBQy7Nw[/video]
That was a year ago, since used race tape (black cloth tape) to cover all the small holes in the hood long the air path.
The big hole on top of the grille at the bonnet release is the outlet for an air dam... basically a 5" 1000CFM truck intake conduit running from a mouth in the lower grill up past the washer reservoir to deliver auxiliary air to the intake, not unlike the Walkinshaw Air Dam.
neparany.jpg

Guarantees a slightly positive charge of dense cold(er) air available in the envelope pre-throttle body across the board, ie. provides more good air than max stock flow of the engine @ just 60kph.
a9epevab.jpg

Last edited:

Razzza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Impressive. See new things every day on here! Very interested in doing something like that pipe because even with the hood liner gone there is still very little room between grill and hood for my OTR

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Nice...........................................:)