Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS UTE 1/4 mile times

N81

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Series II VE SS Ute
Reaction times don't effect your et but a small reduction in your 60' will make a 4 fold difference at the top end

I'm not being a prick here, but how would being faster to react not have an affect on my ET?
If I'm reacting in .100 of a second as opposed to .400 of a second, that will have an affect on my 60 foot time & my ET.

My ssv auto ute ran a 13 flat with a CSv otr, tune, and liquid injected LPG

What power are you spinning at the treads?
Also, autos are a lot easier to launch than a manual. Particularly in my case where I am pretty much a novice when it comes to manuals. I've had my license for 13 years & only in February last year did I go & get my manual license & the ute is my first manual (that I've only had for 8 months).

drift-it

Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 Px ranger 4x4
I'm not being a prick here, but how would being faster to react not have an affect on my ET?
If I'm reacting in .100 of a second as opposed to .400 of a second, that will have an affect on my 60 foot time & my ET.

your et time starts from when your front tyres cross the last stage line. you could take 10seconds to react and get the same et time as a .01 reaction time.

lease1

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Ute
What power are you spinning at the treads?
Also, autos are a lot easier to launch than a manual. Particularly in my case where I am pretty much a novice when it comes to manuals. I've had my license for 13 years & only in February last year did I go & get my manual license & the ute is my first manual (that I've only had for 8 months).

Not sure on power at treads haven't had a dyno run, too many variables and don't trust the numbers. It weighed 2 tonne with me in it too. Although she has a cam dus2 headers cats cat back on now so hoping for at least low to mid 12's.

N81

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Series II VE SS Ute
your et time starts from when your front tyres cross the last stage line. you could take 10seconds to react and get the same et time as a .01 reaction time.

Ah ok. Thanks for the clear up.

Not sure on power at treads haven't had a dyno run, too many variables and don't trust the numbers. It weighed 2 tonne with me in it too. Although she has a cam dus2 headers cats cat back on now so hoping for at least low to mid 12's.

Yeah, unfortunately plenty of workshops have been known to fudge dyno figures.

VZ Thunder SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder SS Ute
Dyno figures mean squat, drag figures is how you find the true power of a car :p

N81

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Series II VE SS Ute
Dyno figures mean squat, drag figures is how you find the true power of a car :p

Well, true performance atleast.
But anyone can go in a straight line.:spot on:

Chuffed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V My10
Well, true performance atleast.
But anyone can go in a straight line.:spot on:

I wish i had a dollar for everytime i've heard this,

isnt it funny how no one who's ever been fast in a straight line says it ???

N81

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Series II VE SS Ute
I wish i had a dollar for everytime i've heard this,

isnt it funny how no one who's ever been fast in a straight line says it ???

Righto.
Anyone can go in a straight line. The skill is only in the launch.
Give me a racetrack over a dragstrip anyday of the week. That defines skill & performance.

andodge

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute MY9.5 344RWkW
i tink dem dare times dat u rans dat night last bes faster if ur ride was red,maybes i tink xforce 2.5 lets yoos down maybees yoos shood not skimped on dat dare 1s.Went walkabouts downs dat dares perth pikd my selfs up a sets of does dare 3in mantas from dose dare captain cook wities apc..boi days sound wild dares una she da plashest ride in alls of derby.maybes dat dares sniff slow u down wid yoors actions times last,dat dares bp98 puel pukd my cous times mayb yoos get bak on dat dares tinners like im he still pukd but ees times al da same dares witey.

HAHAHAHA What the hell are you talking about, type in english you tard!