Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS V gauges

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
There are 2 programming options for the SIC (Standard and Sports) In the SSV his standard mybe the 2 guages and in sports it give him the 3.

That's what I'm hoping will be the case with mine.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Ok guys a bit of an update. Am going to resolve this for people that are interested.

Did some testing tonight with a mate. The SIC module in an early VE SSV (06,07 early 08) before the change to a 3 window display can not be updated using the SPS method (software update). The only option I can change is from a Green disply to a Sports Standard RED. We took the SIC information details of a later model car and put it against my VIN (for testing only) however when uploading the update TECH2 returned an error to check ECU for compatibility. This is not the cars main ECU its the SIC ECU.

So next week I have lined up a new SIC module (later part number #92228599) and are going to fit it and see how we go. There was mention that in order for the Oil Temp to be displayed it required another sensor fitted to the sump. This is not correct as the oil level / temp sensor is one in the same and is located on the right side of the sump. The same part is use from 07 to to current.

any way I will post an update after the efforts next week.

Last edited:

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
That's what I'm hoping will be the case with mine.

If you SSV is a MY09 you might just need to ask your dealer to SPS update the SIC module and might get lucky. I'll see if I can get the details of the year model the SIC part number changed.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Hey mummbles,
The only issue you would have with an SS is the SIC is the only display that gives you detailed information about radio/cd controls and other info. If you change it to read the other display you will loose those controls. I think that you would need to change the SIC module to one that is fitted to the SSV.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
My MYO8 had 2 and then the MY09 had 3. (Was a june 2008 build if that helps). I never particularly liked any of the atari bits. HSV round dials are much better.

Reaper

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Thanks for the update VE-SSV. I think my car is right on the borderline - it's an early 08 but an MY09. I might just ask the question and see how it goes.

What was a new SIC module worth out of interest?

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
is there another link or could u copy it? as im not a member on that forum, thanks dude

Mate, essentially that thread talks about the same thing here. I have posted the same results there also.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Thanks for the update VE-SSV. I think my car is right on the borderline - it's an early 08 but an MY09. I might just ask the question and see how it goes.

What was a new SIC module worth out of interest?

From memory the new SIC is worth just over $300. I did post earlier the revised SIC module part number you could ring your local dealer and get the price. here it is again "part number #92228599"

Cheers
Phil