Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV Exhaust questions

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Thats unfortunant that that happened. Could you change to different specs or brands of cam?

I've had my cam fitted by KPM, and I've got to say it hasn't made it drone. Certainly no annoying noise at any speed cruise, be it highway in 6th at 100kmph, nor in 5th at 60kmph nor putting along at 50kmph in 4th.

KPM say it's every cam other than their own that are giving these issues, but only with the 2.5" systems

Got any vids man? ive got the oztrack HPS which is pretty big, and no problems with mine sounding like pigeons, have u got the 2.5 or 3"?

Got a few, but the quality is **** so it's hard to tell. It's a 2.5" system.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
KPM say it's every cam other than their own that are giving these issues, but only with the 2.5" systems

Got a few, but the quality is **** so it's hard to tell. It's a 2.5" system.

Ohh ok maybe its just a problem with the 2.5" you've got the cam below the one i got didnt you?

scott w

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS and 2010 CX captiva
i also have the kpm 2.5" system with the vcm 7 cam its sounds like **** at idle , kpm have seen it (late last year) and there fix was to go to the 3" system , which im not happy to do as previously had the 3" pre slc system and for me it was too loud .
will be interesting to see what the new mufflers sell for and if there gauranteed to eliminate the flutter , as i would be pissed if i spent more cash to still have the issue as there systems arent cheap in the first place

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Ok - slightly different motor but in my personal experience.

Pacemaker 2 1/2" system sounded excellent on an otherwise stock car. Pacemaker 2 1/2" system + OTR + mild cam sounds awesome. Zero drone what so ever.

Reaper

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Ok - slightly different motor but in my personal experience.

Pacemaker 2 1/2" system sounded excellent on an otherwise stock car. Pacemaker 2 1/2" system + OTR + mild cam sounds awesome. Zero drone what so ever.

Reaper
I have full Pacemaker headers, cats and 2.5" cat-back on my VE now trying it out and it's horrible compared to my KPM. It sounds good at idle but everything else sounds average. It's very droney around the normal VE drone rev range of 1,800-1,900RPM. This is with an aftermarket cam (219/224) and Duspeed OTR.

Diesel_junkie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Walky exhaust ZERO drone silent when traveling.