Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV - looks gr8...but

mossiek

Reaction score
Members Ride
VESSV VTSS
Holden replaced my console yesterday, which is good. They checked out the ABS and say its okay and its okay if sometimes the warning lights come up on the dash random for no reason! They dont want to replace my seats, but did agree the leather is dodgy and say sometimes that happens with leather - goes hard and out of shape! I'm not going to give up on the seats until they replace them cos they are really uncomfortable and look bad! They are replacing the plastic covers on the back floor where the seat adjustment tracks are as they havent been on properly since they replaced the carpet. They are replacing the rubbers in the front end, as my car clunks when turning corners and stopping. Unfortuantly it continues........!!!!!!! :cry:

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Only if you're a lazy-azz driver that won't move yourself to look out....
Visibility complaints about the modern day STRONGER pillar issue is not new, i have the last model toyota camry and it is noticeably bigger, but if i move myself to see out, it's not an issue.

Last model Camry?? you then quote you have an "03" model... firstly this is a holden forum and secondly 03 wasn't the last year the camry came out... leave the poor bloke alone!

nikolas

DK
Reaction score
Members Ride
Turismo VZ SV6
Holden replaced my console yesterday, which is good. They checked out the ABS and say its okay and its okay if sometimes the warning lights come up on the dash random for no reason! They dont want to replace my seats, but did agree the leather is dodgy and say sometimes that happens with leather - goes hard and out of shape! I'm not going to give up on the seats until they replace them cos they are really uncomfortable and look bad! They are replacing the plastic covers on the back floor where the seat adjustment tracks are as they havent been on properly since they replaced the carpet. They are replacing the rubbers in the front end, as my car clunks when turning corners and stopping. Unfortuantly it continues........!!!!!!! :cry:

Go drive your car thru the front f**king window of holden. If i got stuffed around that much i'd probably try get the car written off. Make a list of your visits and what has been done and go crack it and refuse to leave until a decent solution has been reached.

welly01

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
if i were you i would waltz into the dealership and tell them you have listed all the problems that they have failed to deal with to a satisfactory level, and you are going to write them all down on the biggest farkn board you can find and sit right outside thier dealership if all your problems arent sorted out within one week.. i know a guy that had a similar issue with his ute that done exactly that!.. after the second day they done everything he asked them to do ( which even meant taking parts off another new car ) just to get him away from the dealership.
maybe you could post some pics of the seats an anything else you dont think is right so we could have a bit of a look.

i have the ssv also but really havent had much of a problem except for occasionally when the car is at idle i can hear a bit of a wierd noise from the lower dash area.. it sounds almost like in the old cars when you changed the position of the airflow valves for the aircon /blowers .. but i only seem to hear it when all that is switched off .. strange ... anyone else heard it ?

oh an sometimes when reversing out of driveway and turning into the road
i sometime hear a little kind of "klunk" just as i apply the brakes !.. only sometimes though ?? .. thats about it with mine.

someone mentioned the bumper paintwork not matching and i would hazard a guess that it was damaged before delivery and has possibly had a workshop respray.. you will be amazed at how much damage these cars can get pre delivery and the dealership just try and cover it up .. normally in a bit of a rush which is why you get the mismatch .. ive seen 2 ssv sitting next to each other on a forecourt .. both same colour .. both brand new and one of the bumpers you could tell had been resprayed ..it wasnt even close to the same finish as the rest of the car or the one next to it.. on top of that i have seen the way some of these salesmen treat these cars at times .. but thats another story !!!!!

mossiek

Reaction score
Members Ride
VESSV VTSS
Nikolas, mmm, have thought about that many a times! Dealerships do my head in. They carry on like they are doing me big favours and they are doing ****. Nobody from Holden anywhere will acknowledge that my car was never up to what it should have been, which is so frustrating! :bang:
Welly01, Im going to list all visits and repairs!! and send them to Holden with the customer satisfaction survey and another copy to head office - even though I have tried to speak with head office and they redirect me to customer service - surprise surprise. I will post some pics of the things I think they should address very soon. :bang:

mossiek

Reaction score
Members Ride
VESSV VTSS
And Welly01 I would get those 'clunks' checked out, thats how mine started and got progressively worse. ;)

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
The only problem with the VE is the fact Holden kept blurting out crap like the VE was good enough to take on the Euros. And buyers believed it. When in reality the quality of the components used or the fit & finish isn't any better than previous Commodores. If you've got a VY/VZ I really don't see the point in upgrading. It is just the same **** redesigned.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
If you've got a VY/VZ I really don't see the point in upgrading. It is just the same **** redesigned.

:rofl: Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa!!!!

Yeah right. The VE is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT car. Even my Mum knows that!

Thanks for the laugh though...

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
:rofl: Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa!!!!

Yeah right. The VE is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT car. Even my Mum knows that!

Thanks for the laugh though...

It it? In what way? We're not talking about performance in any way so don't crap on about superior handling or what not because it isn't relevant to my statement. I'm referring to build quality which is no better in the VE than it is in in a VY/VZ. Same **** components screwed together by the same morons at Holden. They just look different.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
It it? In what way? We're not talking about performance in any way so don't crap on about superior handling or what not because it isn't relevant to my statement. I'm referring to build quality which is no better in the VE than it is in in a VY/VZ. Same **** components screwed together by the same morons at Holden. They just look different.

Very different in construction actually. I've had 2 of the VE's and both are a mile infront of my VYII and any other Commodore previous.

Reaper