Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV Wagon floor vents not working

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
I'm having a slight issue with the climate control in my VE SSV wagon. Basically whenever the floor vents are selected on the HVAC, the air will continue to come out of the main vents only. The demister vents work fine.

Any ideas where to start looking?

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
IGN on, push and hold the rear demist button for about 5 seconds, you should hear all the actuators start moving.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
IGN on, push and hold the rear demist button for about 5 seconds, you should hear all the actuators start moving.

I gave that a go. The dash made some noise for a minute then went back to just blowing air out the fron and dash vents, still nothing out the lower vents. Is the next step to replace the actuators? Is it common for both (I think there are 2) to fail at once?

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
are the actuators making any noise-clicking are clacking when turned on

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
are the actuators making any noise-clicking are clacking when turned on

When I start the car, and when I did the reset there is a clacking noise coming from the dash. when I first got the car I thought maybe the vents were sticking, it took me 6 months to realise to lower vents weren't working.

Shaneo83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV Sedan
I had the exact same issue as you Husky, read this post yesterday and did the reset thing. The vents made a noise then a clacking noise and now it just blows air on the front windscreen. Can't change it at all now, should have just left it :censored:

I think i'm going to have to do the hard task of replacing the actuators...which I think is the problem. I can still change the temperature on mine.

Let us know how you go.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
Actuators are easy to do just time consuming, type in the google search and it will bring up pics and how to change, $20 for an actuator from holdens