Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 9.5 unstable when driving 90km/h +

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
My brother had what sounds like the same thing at highway speeds in his 9.5 SV6. Turned out to be a faulty steering rack and replaced under warranty at 40,000k. The guys at the dealer said he was lucky it didn't fail on him, so hopefully your issue isn't as serious

Gokz777

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY09.5 SV6 5sp Auto
So i took the car for a service, 75K service (minor) and i was told that they would do a wheel balance and alignment, turns out the guy who does the alignments was sick so all they could do was a balance on the front wheels.

The problem is still there, the car is really sensitive to the road surface it just constantly bounces.

They told me that the rear left tyre only had a few thousand kms left on it. Could that be causing the issue?

I booked the car to get a warranty check up on thursday....how can I be sure its not the tyre causing the issue? I dont want to go to the dealer to get it checked and have to forkout an aboslute shirt load for the warranty

Gokz777

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY09.5 SV6 5sp Auto
The brake discs have been machined (will be replaced), the brake pads replaced. The wheels have been balanced and aligned and the tires replaced. I also had the car looked at by Pedders - suspension is fine. The issue continues.

At low speed, 40-50kph the car bounces - as if the suspension is too soft - not keeping the car to the road surface. At high speed 90-110kph, like on the freeway, the car is hard to keep to the lane and constantly have to correct the steering - the car will pull in different directions (milliseconds)

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
As you have done everything you can. You will have to try and get Holden to find the fault. Won't be easy.