Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 A/C problems

EKjimmy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute
Hi,

My gf's SV6 ute has had a recurring problem with the AC. The first time, only the dash/face vents would work. After trying a vent flap relearn, it would only blow hot air through the windscreen demisters - position and temperature couldn't be changed.
I thought it was the HCM/HVAC module which had failed, so I replaced that - everything started working again except for the footwell vents. I tried a relearn again, and it did the same thing - hot air through windscreen demisters only.

After having a search on the forum it seems that the hot air through the demisters is a default limp mode sort of deal, does that sound right?

From the threads and posts I've read, it looks like a possible cause is one of the vent flap actuators is stuffed.
Has anyone had the same thing happen - eg same vents not working beforehand means x actuator is the one at fault?

I just want to verify the problem as much as I can before buying a new actuator and stuffing around under the dash, and I'm stuffed if I'm going to pay a dealership to go through the exact same guess work and then try to sell me a $600 repair when I can do it myself.

I can't hear any particularly loud clicking like a broken plastic cog would make, however I'm wondering if one has the teeth completely sheared off it wouldn't make any unusual noises as it wouldn't hit anything.

Cheers,
James