Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 Centre Speaker

a.critta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series II
Finally removed my centre speaker from my SV6.. sounds sooo much better now!! (No more vibrating!!)
Felt like i was gonna break something while i was doing it but all worked out fine :)
Now just need to put a decent sound system haha

Verdict.. Anyone who does have a centre speaker.. make sure you take it out!!

SteveHatz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
FINALLY!
shouldn't you be studying for exams though :p haha

forget about sound system for now

RIMS & LOWER!!!!

sciacca

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SV6 COMMODORE
I was considering moving the centre speaker myself, is it as easy as poppin the cover off n unscrewin it n choppin the wires?

HUX 90

POSION VE SS UTE
Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS UTE
I removed the factory centre speaker and replaced it with a Polk 4".

a.critta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series II
haha i know steve tell me about it.. naa i had to take a break!! :p

yeah dw rims and lowering is defs on the list.. just waiting for the right ones ;)

im feeling a tune pretty soon though.. engine light has finally come on and its starting to do my head in haha (good excuse to get it done :p )

a.critta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series II
glad to hear it sciacca! :)

yeah HUX did it make much of a difference with the polk 4"?? does it vibrate at all??

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
I left mine in there but disconnected it from the sound system. I use for my communication gear thats in the car.. I would like to fit a better quality one but cant get one small enough to sit properly without having to make a spacer.

HUX 90

POSION VE SS UTE
Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS UTE
I think you can get 2 for about $100. I got an installer to supply the speaker and he wraped the mounting plate with foam so it doesn't vibrate and he soldered wires and terminals to it so it could just plug it in. If you have a dual voice coil set up a single voice speaker is fine I just used the positive from 1 channel and the negative from the other channel. Depending what way you wire the speaker up will affect how powerful it is in a dual voice coil set up. It's made a huge difference, there a photos of it installed in my album on my profile. 4" Speakers are a bit of a tight fit to get in so be patient.

sv6 power

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Yesterday (Sunday), i finally had some spare time to disconnect the center speaker, but the thing was that i didn't have a small screw driver so it won't hit the window, so i had to take off the head of the screw driver and use my strength to unscrew the screws, surprisingly they were easy to take out. But the thing was, after i took out the 2nd screw my cross screw driver head fell in where the hole was of the speaker (grrrrrrr). in the end i had to do exactly what that dude did on tv from supercheap auto with the rattling.
Took me 3 hours to slowly take all the parts off the whole dash board...... The end result was that it fell so far back that i couldn't reach it.... even more back than the audio head unit. So i gave up in the end and put the car together.
I drove down a street doing 60km/h and at the lights pressed brake, at that moment i heard the little metal screw driver head fall down from where it was and ended up on the passenger side ( i had forgotten to put the plastic back from that side).

Out of frustration all i could do is laugh.