Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve sv6 llt 3.6 missing bad

commodore cam

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss sedan ve sv6 ute
Hey guys I have a sidi v6 ute that started missing cylinder 5 according to my Bosch obd2 scanner kept clearing it and was fine for a few thou ks then did it again so tried clearing no good but had to drive 40ks home close to home started bellowing smoke got me home but wouldn't start so changed plugs it started but still missing showing codes p0300 p03o5 p0089 all plugs drivers side oily gunk around seal any help would be appreciated as I prefer to fix what I can myself cheers

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
Hey guys I have a sidi v6 ute that started missing cylinder 5 according to my Bosch obd2 scanner kept clearing it and was fine for a few thou ks then did it again so tried clearing no good but had to drive 40ks home close to home started bellowing smoke got me home but wouldn't start so changed plugs it started but still missing showing codes p0300 p03o5 p0089 all plugs drivers side oily gunk around seal any help would be appreciated as I prefer to fix what I can myself cheers
could be fuel pressure or could be #5 cylinder injector has fouled up

try replacing the injector & while youre there check/test ignition coil(s)

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
could be fuel pressure or could be #5 cylinder injector has fouled up

try replacing the injector & while youre there check/test ignition coil(s)
A good start would probably be doing a power balance test by pulling the coil plugs one by one while the engine is running to see where you end up. It’s possible that the injector is working fine but the spark plug isn’t firing so all the fuel from that cylinder goes straight down the exhaust.

Id put my money on the coil packs being suspect myself. My SV6 lasted about 200,000kms on the factory coil packs before I started getting misfires and replacing the coil packs fixed it.

Stefan.vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz clubsport
Hey mate did you ever resolve the issue