Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Assistance Please! Misfire CYL 1,3,5. Runs normal for 30 second then rough idle, rpm fluctuation. VE SV6 2010 Auto

Kraken

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Holden Commodore VE SV6 3.6L Auto
O
Any photos of what's going on? Where's that piece of shrapnel exactly?
Couldn’t find it in the bin, anyway I re assembled the car, ran perfect for 30 seconds, then misfire and rough idle came back. Heard a metal clank which was the rocker arm/ tappet falling off. Furthermore because I’m a numbskull I left injectors in the same place, so I’m going to take apart and swap around just to make sure it’s not injector. Im fairly certain it’s got to do with the rocker not pushing down the valve. Only getting misfire on cylinder 5, which is the one that rocker is coming off. Might be a bent valve? I don’t think so cause when I manually cranked and looked through intake hole didn’t seem bent and was in line with the opposite side. Trying to find info on how to tighten the rockers but because it’s hydraulic I don’t think it’s possible. I don’t see any wear on the camshaft/ camshaft lobes, maybe a part has come loose or something.
I can’t find any information on tightening ve tappets. I will open it up tommorow and upload photos of rocker and camshaft.

Kraken

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Holden Commodore VE SV6 3.6L Auto
PARTIALLY SOLVED, Rough idling - Stability control Off - Low power mode *sometimes. Was caused by Rocker arm falling off. I fixed this by taking out the lash adjusters and putting a paperclip through the top to drain the oil out. I did this for about 4 of them, on the intake and exhaust side of camshaft cylinder 5. Put it all back together, it runs at 1k rpm how it should for about 30 seconds then dies down to 600 for the rest of the trip. No more rough idle, stability off, or low power mode. OBD2 Shows misfire cylinder 5, probably due to a bad lifter, lifter seat. Apart from that car runs perfectly fine compared to what it was. Thankyou all for the help and ideas, much appreciated. First time ever working on vehicle and ive learnt heaps. Mechanic charges $150 for a new inginion coil? Like bruh it takes 10 minutes to do...