Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 MY12.5 Rough Idle lumpy..

futronix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 MY12.5
Hi guys. Just bought a New VE SV6 MY12.5 (3.6L) only done 500kms so far. I've noticed from very early on that at idle - whether the car is in Park, Neutral or braked in Drive that there is a slight miss in the engine (almost like a lump). I can feel it through the seat and also on the undercarriage below my feet. I thought maybe due to the engine running in and the first fuel of tank but now I'm on my second tank (95ron) and its still the same. It's more prominent when warming up but is also noticeable once it has reached temp. Anything I should be worried about, I didn't think these late engines would produce such a rough idle to the point that u can feel the car move.

Could it be the loose engine mounts, Misfiring or O2 sensor or is it just expected from this engine?

Anyone else experiencing the same issues.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Should be silky smooth. Back to dealership

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Id leave it till the 3000k svc and if it's still there report it then.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Poor advice to leave it until service. I wouldn't wait for the service. If problem gets worse and they become aware that you new of it at 500 km and left it until 3,000km then you might be asked to cop it sweet. Make a booking and let them fix the problem.

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
Poor advice to leave it until service. I wouldn't wait for the service. If problem gets worse and they become aware that you new of it at 500 km and left it until 3,000km then you might be asked to cop it sweet. Make a booking and let them fix the problem.

why would you? warranty

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Lol benboy who would take advice from you when every one of your posts are garbage?

futronix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 MY12.5
Car booked in to get looked at on Wednesday.

adam sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Same problem in my dads car (3l sidi).. We turned the air conditioner and fan off and it stopped shuddering. He asked holden to increase the idle by 75 odd rpm and it fixed the weird shuddering problem when the fans/air con is running

futronix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 MY12.5
well took it to holden to get looked at.. of course when i get there the rough idle isn't as pronounced as it took 20mins to get there.. service manager said thats the way they run... but lately idle seems to be getting a bit rougher only at times... even after running the car for 15mins and is completely warmed up...

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
My wifes 2003 VY executive V6 has 90k on it and the idle is a smooth as anything, no jumps, nothing. I have been told the same thing that its normal due to the emissions control. The only other thing I was thinking of is fouling of the O2 sensors or degrading coilpack/leads, but you'd expect the have more serious issues.