Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 MY12.5 Rough Idle lumpy..

futronix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 MY12.5
yeh got told it was cause of the emissions also.. i've taken the plastic cover off the engine to see if I could feel the shake in the engine which I cant.. only can be felt in the cab.. i'm starting to think it may be something else, maybe something that has come loose over a short period as it was running fine for the first week... I'm guessing something may have shook itself loose like the engine mounts or cat mounts. will put in on the lift next week to inspect the undercarriage..

boomboombas

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 s2
last week check engine light comes on , they found it was cat gasket needed replacing , leaning out o2 sensor, now a week later and check engine light on again and car is shuddering , i have VE SV6 2010 series 2 il be calling them in the morning .

SJM38S

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Calais L67
Another thing to do would be to check another vehicle at the dealership. If its normal as the service manager says, all the cars on the lot will do it the same.

Something_Wrong

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Sv6 Sports Wagon
My S2 SV6 does the same thing and has a slight miss, feels like the idle is just that fraction too low.

Jake96

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 vz ute v6
My 08 ve has a rough idle aswell, did anyone figure out the problem?

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Common rough idle causes

SIDI :

Carboned up intake valves not sealing properly. pop the intake manifold off and look down into the intake ports, you can see the valves and how bad they are.

ALL :

Leaking purge valve causing car to run rich. Fuel trims will be high.
Broken engine mount pass side generally around the 100k mark or less if it gets a hard time, you'll see a brown fluid leaking from the mount onto the heat shield and the side of the engine next to it.
Excess carbon in throttle body causing throttle plate to stick, idle air control can be affected as the plate can't operate smoothly.

Jake96

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 vz ute v6
RiCeY my 08 v6 ve auto 4spd has a rough idle at the moment and the auto gear stick vibrates a bit when doing 70-80ks/h worse on cold mornings. Had a service 2000ks ago, has 129000ks I bought it from a dealership 2 months ago has only just started the rough idle past 2 weeks. The spark plugs were due on 120000 but haven't been done yet doing them soon. Have tried cleaning MAF sensor with proper cleaner. Have cleaned out throttle body. Have run liqui molli fuel conditioner and injector cleaner. Should I start with doing the plugs and see if that fixes it? What else could I do to help it? Are you located near Brisbane?id pay you to have a look at it? Every mechanic I go to says it's nothing to worry about all the v6 models are apparently a bit rough on idle? What do you recondmend? Cheers

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
RiCeY my 08 v6 ve auto 4spd has a rough idle at the moment and the auto gear stick vibrates a bit when doing 70-80ks/h worse on cold mornings. Had a service 2000ks ago, has 129000ks I bought it from a dealership 2 months ago has only just started the rough idle past 2 weeks. The spark plugs were due on 120000 but haven't been done yet doing them soon. Have tried cleaning MAF sensor with proper cleaner. Have cleaned out throttle body. Have run liqui molli fuel conditioner and injector cleaner. Should I start with doing the plugs and see if that fixes it? What else could I do to help it? Are you located near Brisbane?id pay you to have a look at it? Every mechanic I go to says it's nothing to worry about all the v6 models are apparently a bit rough on idle? What do you recondmend? Cheers

I'm in Perth unfortunately.

It's common to have a failed engine mount at those kms, had them checked? This will cause vibration.