Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 supercharger kits from CAPA

brokenikon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Maloo: 2008 VE SV6: 2004 VY II R8 Maloo
Not quite the professional shots I was hoping for, but this gives you an idea of where the supercharger fits in the SV6 engine. There are probably a few cosmetic things I can do to the engine to really show it all off...but I'm caught up in the VY resurrection at the moment.

Attachments

• supercharger for ve.jpg
    supercharger for ve.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 5,352
  • supercharger for maloo - side on.jpg
    supercharger for maloo - side on.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 2,353
  • supercharger for maloo -  other side on.jpg
    supercharger for maloo - other side on.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 3,220

brokenikon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Maloo: 2008 VE SV6: 2004 VY II R8 Maloo
Yeah, although it does go down a bit into they engine ( that squeaky pulley was under there, hard to get too)

LuminaME

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE Lumina 3.6L
if you're married, tell the missus it cost about half :p

LOL ..... so you're saying this is only $1000? .... for just in case she read this :))

hell, they're not answering my emails @Capa :(

(oh ... plz no one tell me V8 .... VE's aren't sold by dealer here, dealer offers only the clubsport R8 and thats a $100k. I bought mine from a guy who drove this to Jordan)

philsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sv6
For VE V6 owners contemplating this, I've done it. It cost about 10,000 for the kit, and a bit extra on top for the labour. Was out of action for under a week while it got fitted and tested, but that's it. I've got it running at 5psi, and seriously, I'm happy with that. It gives me more than enough punch to zip ahead of the pack comfortably, and you gotta love the whine of the supercharger in action. I thought it was going to be a pig on the fuel, but I've noticed no difference.
As for why I bothered to do it? Why the hell not? I was curious just how far I can tweak a V6 from being the poor cousin to a V8, to a "phwoar" machine.
Engine reliability hasn't been an issue at all, although I do run it on nothing but BP Ultimate and it is regularly serviced. The supercharger had one issue with the pully making a freaking squeaky squeaky noise (lol) but that was easily taken care of (properly). Insurance is through Shannons, but I do have the advantage of age and spotless record.
Regrets with getting it done? None, bloody great modification to the machine which is so enjoyable to drive.
*Edit* Almost forgot, if you're married, tell the missus it cost about half :p

cheers for the info!
any chance of a quick vid just to hear it?

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
I'm seriously considering this when my warranty ends but not sure on a couple of things so thought I'd ask here. Was thinking I'd go the stage 1 unit without the piggy back or fuel pump for 5k (I've a very capable fitter mate who said he's be happy to have a go at it). Then get it tuned through MACE remotely for $550. Thought I'd do it the cheapest way possible to start off with just to make sure it all works OK. The questions I have though are:

Would it be better to spend the money on the intercooler in the 1st place or can it be retrofitted easily later along with the fuel pump?
What on a supercharger sets the PSI and is it easily adjustable?
What will the 6l50 gearbox cope with?
Will it make it difficult for my wife drive ie is it likely to be to toey in carparks or in traffic or is this something that can be tuned? Can I have multiple tunes available to use?

Cheers

Last edited:

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Received this from CAPA yesterday. Is interesting that more and more companies are getting on the V6 tune bandwagon. HP Tuners were'nt interested 6 months ago I reckon the potential of the engine and therefore the market potential is finally being recognised.

My Email: "Was just wondering if there have been SC kits done or fitted to the SIDI VE 3.6 yet? If so would be interested in prices, gains etc."

CAPA Response - "We have the kit pretty much done, just need to wait for the tuning side to be done (HP Tuners).. Once this has been done, we can then fit up and finalise the installation.. this apparently is due (Software) to be done in the next 6-10months."

Last edited:

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Indeed...I'd be happy to support forum sponsors. Just passing on the info as I'm getting it is all.

duehicky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sedan
im in the same boat v6 n wanna make it go just t be the unsuspecting 1 at the lights. i was thinking what about twin turbo 1 each bank any1 done it. i reckon it would look pretty darn sweet with 2 turbos under the hood