Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 throttle lag

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
My ve (v8) has the same fly by wire throttle body setup I clean my throttle body by pushing the butterfly open with my fingers and has never caused any problems although the best way is to take it right off the car especially if it’s really dirty
I have pushed the butterfly open on mine to clean it with no adverse affect and mine is an sv6 .

syl3ns

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY12.5 Z Series
I cleaned the throttle body today, but found it quite quick and easy to unplug the harness, undo the four bolts and remove it fully. Complete clean in 15 minutes.

JASv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 2010 Series 1
Thanks for the info Guys,
I'll check it out and it and clean to see if there s an improvement.
Cheers

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Thanks for the info Guys,
I'll check it out and it and clean to see if there s an improvement.
Cheers
How old is your air filter? If that’s old and clogged up ur car will be gutless and laggy also

JASv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 2010 Series 1
Air cleaner looks ok, going to change plugs and filters anyway with next service this week.
I haven't had the VE very long and not sure how it has been serviced even though the services have been dated in the logbook.

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
I have had 3 VE's now. And all of them have a slight second lag from when you press down on the pedal to when you actually move.
I installed a Revhigh Throttle controller to my first stock SV6 and no bullshit, you definitely feel a difference. Highest level spun the wheels so easy.
In-fact i actually started to love my sv6 alot more after installing it. It makes the car feel how it should have felt from factory.

When I upgraded to the r8 next, as much as I wanted to, I didnt have the balls to install it because it had already been heavily modified / tuned.

Last edited:

JASv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 2010 Series 1
Thanks for the feedback Xplaya,
Yeah I looked into the RevHigh throttle controllers and saw the reviews on YouTube, easy to install and they do improve acceleration

Prodigygam3er

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6 VE series I
I have had 3 VE's now. And all of them have a slight second lag from when you press down on the pedal to when you actually move.
I installed a Revhigh Throttle controller to my first stock SV6 and no bullshit, you definitely feel a difference. Highest level spun the wheels so easy.
In-fact i actually started to love my sv6 alot more after installing it. It makes the car feel how it should have felt from factory.

When I upgraded to the r8 next, as much as I wanted to, I didnt have the balls to install it because it had already been heavily modified / tuned.

Hey mate, just ordered one myself. bit of a silly question but where is the throttle body harness and how do I get to it?

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
Hey mate, just ordered one myself. bit of a silly question but where is the throttle body harness and how do I get to it?

Hi mate i suggest you look for instructions online.

But the chip is plug n play above the accelerator pedal.

How dd u find the controller?